Any Shore Excursion Put into Place for Disembarkation in Fort Lauderdale?

Mic-Mac

Most cruise lines that I know of have an option for people who have a late afternoon flight to book some sort of half day tour and then get dropped at the airport. This can really help make the day pass. MSC doesn't seem to offer this, but I am wondering since things are changing by the minute there if this is a service they are now coordinating. I don't care if I go on an airboat, city tour, etc --- just want to fill time and get dropped at the airport. I DON'T like renting cars in strange locales either and where in the world would I get a car when I get off a ship anyhow?

Perhaps somebody who recently disembarked could fill us in. I would even be open to some sort of private tour if it wasn't sky high. Ironically I never do shore excursions in the islands preferring instead to use cabs to the beach and a bit of shopping on my own.

Sailing on the 14th

Hi Mic-Mac,

Just wanted you to know I found a website called shoretrips.com they have post cruise excursions from the cruise port to your choice of a trip then they take you to the airport.

Also just so you know there is alot to do right near the port on your own. We are cruising on the same week as you and my husband will take a cab to the airport on the 21st and pick up a rental car for the day. Our flight is in the evening so we will have the whole day to do whatever.

There is close by beaches, Las Olas Blvd. which is fun for shopping and eating. Also Riverfront

which is easily accessible to take a river cruise or shopping and eating also!

Do not know if MSC has anything organized yet but I am sure you will find the cruise port in

FLL is really in a great spot for anything you want to do.

Since we are flying out at 4:15 pm and ought to check in 90 min to two hours ahead of time we don't have a FULL day, but there are some hours. Precruise we are hitting the beach. I will look at this website called shoretrips -- much appreciated.

Mic Mac on the 2 occasions that I've ended cruises at FLL (and been fling home from Miami) there were excursions avialable. From memory there was a shopping one; a city tour, a city tour with shopping and then there was an Everglades one. there could have been others but I cant rememeber. they all ended by dropping off at the airport. They dont usually have these on the website but they are in the Tour magazine that you will get once onboard

From last year, but on the Lirica they had a few shore trips at Fort Lauderdale. I did have a late flight so took a trip to the Sawgrass Recreation Area (Everglades), took an airboat ride, saw a wild gator and some in pens. Reasonably intersting and educational, if you've never seen the Everglades.

AmoModo, was this on an MSC ship?

Yes - the opera on the first occasion and the Lirica on the last. In fact on all 8 MSC cruises I've done in various locations, there have always been excursions for disembarkation day for folk with late afternoon flights. varies a wee bit sometimes its flights 4pm onwards sometimes 5 pm onwards

• 3 weeks later...

Stay away from post excursion . Bus is to leave at 8:30 am Left at 9:45 am returned to Fort Lauderale airport 12:50 pm No tour .no 30 minute shopping as stated in Msc excursion paper. msc said the bus would return to airport at 3:45 pm Bus operator said MSC has a contract to return at 1 pm. 40 unhappy cruises at $56.00 each What abad way to end a cruise

Stay away from post excursion . Bus is to leave at 8:30 am Left at 9:45 am returned to Fort Lauderale airport 12:50 pm No tour .no 30 minute shopping as stated in Msc excursion paper. msc said the bus would return to airport at 3:45 pm Bus operator said MSC has a contract to return at 1 pm. 40 unhappy cruises at $56.00 each What abad way to end a cruise

You were on for three hours. May I ask what you did during this time?

I know you said you didn't like renting cars but in case you change your mind about renting a car and doing your own tour or airboat ride. Budget does offer pier pick up and also drop off. We did that last year as we were flying out of Miami and needed an affordable way to get a transfer to Miami airport since there was 4 of us. We rented a Budget car and picked it up at a shopping plaza just outside of the port area. Budget came and picked us up at the cruise terminal/pier and it was a very easy process not to mention an affordable option.

Here is the Budget location

Budget Rent-A-Car: Shuttle Service to/from - Port Everglades‎

1515 SE 17th St Causeway

Ft Lauderdale, FL 33316

(954) 761-7231budget.com‎

Location is F07 when booking online

I third for car rental. Rent from Thrifty, Budget or Hertz from the airport location and you will get the free (and frequent) shuttle bus from the pier to the rental center at the airport. Go touring for the day and then it is a quick and easy return at the airport. Just make sure you rent from one of the on-site car companies. I mentioned the ones I've used but there are others.

Last March after getting off the Costa Mediteranea we were off the ship and driving away from the airport and it was not yet 9h30AM. :)

Archived