Anybody used Havanacar?

Marinfou1977

Hello,

I will be in Havana with family members on Wednesday August 15th. We will be on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship. We are celebrating my father’s 85th birthday

I contacted this company after I read the many positive reviews on Tripadvisor and we got a good offer for a city tour in 3 convertihle cars. I will be in Havana with family members on Wednesday August 15th. We will be on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship. We are celebrating my father’s 85th birthday. Has anyone used this company? Is s city tour in a classic convertible suitable for people in their 80's or is it better to have it in a car with A/C considering is going to be August?

Any answer will be higly appreciated!

A few months before our Royal Caribbean cruise, I contacted Stefano from HavanaCar to inquire about a private tour.

We were going to book two of the cruise line’s shore excursions — Best of Havana bus tour and Old Havana Walking tour. However, we definitely wanted to ride around in a classic car while in Havana to see some of the sights we missed on the tours.

Stefano came through and arranged a beautiful classic pink and white convertible for three hours on our final afternoon.

Our guide Hugo was prompt and easy to find at a prearranged meeting place in San Francisco Square. He was extremely knowledgeable about the culture and history of Havana and Cuba, and his English was superb. Our driver Omar was extremely pleasant and did a great job of taking us to see important landmarks of the city.

We are extremely grateful to Stefano for giving us some of the best memories of our trip.

Just returned home on Saturday and did a 8 hour tour with Havanacar. I would recommend A/C for your Dad. We went with A/C and a sedan for the heat. It is really humid this time of year, and almost every day a rain shower usually pops up(which it did on us for about 3 hours). Send Stefano an E-mail ... he is the best I have experienced with communication. I sent inquiries to four tour companies and Stefano was the only one to respond. He will get back to you quickly and is very good at communicating instructions and details of the tour. Ask to tour with Hugo, he was great and very patient and gave us many insights to Cuba. We had six people in my family that toured together including my 70 yr old parents. We had a great day !!!! Would highly recommend.

We had the best time ever! Driving around in these old fashioned cars! They really made the whole trip! I highly recommend if your in the havana location to go on the driving/walking tour ! We learned so much about the history and everything else! I had requested the pink and white convertible for this tour and we got it! The car was beautiful! The pictures came out amazing! Stefano answers him emails right away. He is awesome. He helped us out so much on this trip! If I ever had a question he would answer it right away and he always lead us into the right direction! I went to cuba this passed week with 2 of my friends, His tours really made the trip worth while! Hugo was our own personal guide and he taught us so much on the way to each location! We did the 6 hours Havana Combo tour and a Viñales tour which was by far breath taking. All the pictures I took look like they came straight out of a postcard!! and the car was gorgeous it was a green /white hard top 1955 chevy! The tobacco plantation was so cool and we even got to see how they roll a cigar from scratch! We ate at a really good restaurant outdoors. It was the best food we had there!! And very reasonably priced!!

I was so lucky to find them on instagram and let me tell you it was the best decision to go with them!

They were so much fun and funny. We even stoped at floridita and had the best daiquiris and stefano taught us how to log into wifi with the wifi card!! They will be missed. ;))) best timee

• 3 months later...
On 7/16/2018 at 6:16 PM, TigerDog said:

Just returned home on Saturday and did a 8 hour tour with Havanacar. I would recommend A/C for your Dad. We went with A/C and a sedan for the heat. It is really humid this time of year, and almost every day a rain shower usually pops up(which it did on us for about 3 hours). Send Stefano an E-mail ... he is the best I have experienced with communication. I sent inquiries to four tour companies and Stefano was the only one to respond. He will get back to you quickly and is very good at communicating instructions and details of the tour. Ask to tour with Hugo, he was great and very patient and gave us many insights to Cuba. We had six people in my family that toured together including my 70 yr old parents. We had a great day !!!! Would highly recommend.

Hello.

I've also contacted them to book one of their tours and they asked for a downpayment in order to confirm the reservation.

Did you also pay a downpayment to confirm your one?

Just came back from a Cuba cruise yesterday.  I did not use Havanacar, but saw them around.  I am in my mid 60's and in good shape, go to the gym, - the heat got to me!  So glad to have A/C in between walking.You could always do a tour in a sedan with A/C . . . . take lots of pictures of the convertibles.  Or if you're in Cuba a long day - do a short cruise around the block in a convertible just for fun.

2 hours ago, Geppetto59 said:

Hello.

I've also contacted them to book one of their tours and they asked for a downpayment in order to confirm the reservation.

Did you also pay a downpayment to confirm your one?

We  booked  through havanacar a Vinales Valley tour in a classic sedan with a/c and a 3 hours City Tour in a classic convertible.

We could have chosen a sedan with a/c also for the City Tour but we preferred to hVe a ride also in a convertible.

We were also asked to pay a deposit to confirm the booking and we did that by paypal sending the requested amount to their manager Stefano who is based in United States.

After we paid the deposit they sent us an invoice with the details of both the tours and all the other info.

Then we paid the balance on site directly to our drivers.

Everything was smooth and easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Havanacar was absolutely outstanding, from the beginning of the booking process with Stefano to the end of the tour. This company is highly professional, and unlike so many others, easy to reach by telephone and immediately responsive to emails and texts. Our tour guide (Hugo) and driver (Omar) were both excellent.

Finally, the price charged was only 180 Cuc in total for 3 people for a 3 hours city tour in a classic convertible and a 3 hours Old Town walking tour which turned to be 4 hours as he did not count the time we spent at El Floridita having a daiquiri together.

A real bargain if you consider the price charged by the cruise line for their tours!