Oasis of the Seas-May 2018

Hello everyone! I'm new here but after reading so many posts, I figured that I would give this a shot to get some useful insight. Basically, I'll be going on a 7 night cruise with 2 other friends, as a celebration of me graduating. I will graduate on May 5 with my Masters and will fly out that night (on Frontier-which I am not happy about but I digress) to MCO. The next morning, we have a character breakfast at WDW Polynesian and will then go on to catch our cruise out of Port Canaveral that departs later in the day. We have reserved a few MTD and also purchased the 3 night dining package. My hope was to eat at Chops Grille on the 2nd night to avoid the MDR for a formal night. We have also purchased the Blue Waters Beach Escape in Jamaica and plan to purchase some kind of dolphin/beach excursion while in Mexico. I haven't cruised in so many years that I have forgotten what it was like. Previously, I've sailed on Sovereign of the Seas with RCCL back in 2001 and then on Disney Wonder in 2004. My other two friends have never been on a cruise so they have no idea what to expect. Do you feel any movement on the ship with it being so big? If so, is it bad enough to warrant sea sick bands? (I'm not concerned with being sea sick, however, I am trying to look out for my friends since this is their first one.)

I'm here trying to see if someone can offer insight on what to do while onboard, what shore excursions are good, shows that are a must SEA (:')) as well as what to avoid. I've read some very concerning posts about lines, customer service, issues with the specialty dining and some other things. Is the WJ terrible to eat at? What are the best options for breakfast?

If anyone could offer insight, I'd greatly appreciate it because I can really use the help and advice.

P.S. I forgot to mention this but my best friend and I have a Boardwalk Balcony on Deck 12 and my other friend has an Ocean View Balcony on Deck 9. We are all so excited.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Come over to the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to RCI, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

for all the info you will ever need.

Only you can decide if something is worth it. You should go on the excursions and do the activities that interest you. Not what we say you should.