Red Stripe Beach for Families?

hazeleyes35

Has anyone gone lately and do you recommend it for families? My husband and I went to Chukka last year but RCCL cancelled the excursion and need to find something for kids this time.

If you know the prices of food too, can you please let me know. Thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am too surprised there isn't more on this here on this site. I am going on a cruise Jan 10 stopping in faulmouth with this excursion booked. Will report back with the details.

On the last cruise I was on, I stopped by the excursion desk and they recommended this one as similar to Chukka. Apparently it is on the same beach just a little ways down according to the explorations desk. She had mentioned that the Chukka stop was getting some reviews about locals bothering them so they canceled. So how moving down the beach is going to change that I have no idea, but we will see. We really liked the Chukka beach break last time and were disappointed.

We were at Red Stripe Beach last week and booked thru RCCL. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the beach was. It's about 5 minutes from the port and is tucked away down a road with private access from the main road. It cost 28 for the excursion and 5 dollars to rent a chair. A bucket of six red stripe beers was $22. The beach also has security so there were no vendors -but the beach had their own person doing massages and hair braiding. It's a small beach that does not have inflatables and other beach entertainment. We had adults and it was a nice few hours at the beach drinking red stripe. Food is also available but we did not buy any.

We were at Red Stripe Beach last week and booked thru RCCL. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the beach was. It's about 5 minutes from the port and is tucked away down a road with private access from the main road. It cost 28 for the excursion and 5 dollars to rent a chair. A bucket of six red stripe beers was $22. The beach also has security so there were no vendors -but the beach had their own person doing massages and hair braiding. It's a small beach that does not have inflatables and other beach entertainment. We had adults and it was a nice few hours at the beach drinking red stripe. Food is also available but we did not buy any.

Any frozen drinks or rum drinks that you can purchase there and if so how much ? Thank you jojo

Going on the oasis feb 1 st

I saw people only drinking beer from a bottle. There may have been mixed and frozen drinks but I don't remember seeing them. I would be concerned about the water and stick with something in a bottle or can. We did have frozen drinks and food at Paradise Beach in Cozomel and everyone felt fine afterwards.

I will report back! We just want a little beach time and be close to port....Sounds like a perfect match for our group of adults....

I will let everyone know when we return..We are booked for Jan 21st... $28 per person.

My wife and I are looking for the same thing, a little beach time and close to the port.

Your report will be appreciated.

I am about to write a review on this excursion...well a warning. We had this excursion booked for falmouth on the Oasis (We just got off today). Oasis got into port around 10 or 11, and the Serenade had arrived much earlier. When we arrived at the beach (the 2nd load of people to get to the beach), there were no chairs left and barely any space on the beach. The majority of our party took the shuttle right back to the ship. I got in the water, because I am pregnant and it was hot and uncomfortable, and we ended up staying a little bit. Chairs eventually became available as people started leaving around 2, but then we were ready to leave as well....

The beach is clean, the staff are friendly, and there is a "lifeguard" on duty. Lots of seaweed but it's a natural beach and they are constantly cleaning it. The food wasn't great (and overpriced). My father in law did enjoy the jerk chicken though. My husband and Dad had some red stripes, 4$ each. I had a virgin mixed drink --- NOT GOOD. Didn't even take more than 2 sips. I promise I am not being picky, it was very artificial mix. Ordered a virgin strawberry dachari and it tasted like bubblegum?

I think the beach overall is fine for families. They have music playing and try to teach dances (that was kindof loud and strange). But the water was very calm for kids to play in.

My only warning is that this excursion was very obviously overbooked. We actually got most of our money back. Those in our party who arrived and left right away because there was no space received a full refund and my parents, husband, and I received half because we did stay for 2-3 hours (we thought this was totally fair). They also continue to sell tickets to this beach at the pier, so even if you haven't purchased the excursion ahead of time, you can still go when you arrive in Falmouth. If your boat is the first at the pier, sure, then go, but if not, I would look for something else.

Overall, we would not do this excursion again. I hope that helps! And I promise that we are not really picky cruisers....in all of our cruises we have only been disappointed with one other excursion (Tulum....where our tour guide ditched us and we ferried back to the wrong pier and had to haul it on our own to get back to the boat in time).

So then if you can book the early excursion that is they key if you want to go to Red Stripe beach????

Our group just wants some beach time close to the port and this is one of the only options through Royal Caribbean..

There were 3 times too book and so I think I may go an switch mine to the 9:30 time frame.

Just called Royal and switched my time for next Tuesday too 9:30am.. This way our group of 8 will be there early and get some chairs reserved..Then when it starts to get crowded we can head back to the port.....

Thanks for the report.....Glad I read this.

Doctors cave beach was the same way last year...Almost all chairs where gone when we got there.......So early is better!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Serenade this morning...wanted to report that we had an awesome time at Red Stripe beach....changed to the early time...got there around 9:45...very close to Falmouth port..10 min ride.

Got all our chairs for $5 and set up a nice place on the beach.

It was clean and just beautiful....a bit rustic and remote. We loved it. Music playing and a bar for drinks and they did offer food. We did not eat any. Bathrooms and showers clean and decent. We took a walk down the beach and felt safe. Oasis was in port too, but it never felt crowded till around noon and they did run out of chairs. We left about 1:30 and gave up our chairs to others....shuttle ran every 30 min.

Everyone was very nice and they played games for the kids...some fun dance classes on the beach..over all it was a great day. I would go back...best advice is book the early time and get there first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

When you book it, do you pick a specific time when it is booked, or is it a shuttle and you just show up? We were hoping to just wait and book it on board (.we have onboard credit and gratuities already paid, and we were hoping to use the onboard credit to pay for excursions)...but may have to reconsider based on answer..

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

You book a specific excursion time to go but the bus runs every 30 minutes coming back. To be honest - the guys loading the bus at the dock didn't even seem to look at the time on the ticket - just that you had a ticket. Unless the tickets were color coded and that's how they were keeping track of ticket times.

You book a specific excursion time to go but the bus runs every 30 minutes coming back. To be honest - the guys loading the bus at the dock didn't even seem to look at the time on the ticket - just that you had a ticket. Unless the tickets were color coded and that's how they were keeping track of ticket times.

I booked this excursion for our upcoming cruise on the Independence. I did not have a choice of times. Funny thing is, we dock at 8am, and the excursion time is listed as 7:30. Not sure yet how that works. :D

The Allure is in port the same day, but comes in a couple hours after us. I'm guessing we will be all setup with our chairs prior to it getting too crowded. ;)

Dan.

We had a choice of 9:30 or 11:30 so we took the 9:30 time, but they did not really pay attention to the time..

We got there early and set up and had a great day..The shuttle ran every 30 min to take you back to the port.

We left about 1:30 to head back.

Had a great day! It is a really beauitful beach and nice clean clear water.....It was worth the $28 bucks and piece of mind knowing we were close and the shuttle's ran non stop.

We had a choice of 9:30 or 11:30 so we took the 9:30 time, but they did not really pay attention to the time..

We got there early and set up and had a great day..The shuttle ran every 30 min to take you back to the port.

We left about 1:30 to head back.

Had a great day! It is a really beauitful beach and nice clean clear water.....It was worth the $28 bucks and piece of mind knowing we were close and the shuttle's ran non stop.

Thanks for the info! Would you have felt comfortable taking a 2 yr old there? Were there other kids there around that age?

Also, are the buses that you catch at the port inside of the gates? I keep hearing about not going outside of the gates at Falmouth. I have been to Jamaica twice on land vacations and love it but now that we have a kid I have become the overprotective mother!