Accommodating a third adult in a cabin.

Aspidestra99

I'm looking at a transatlantic cruise and would like our daughter to join her dad and myself.

For the cruise I'm interested in, all the single cabins are booked.

Has anyone experience of sharing a cabin with three adults? Do the stewards make up the sofa bed each evening and convert it back the following day?

My husband will quite happily prop up the bar while we get ready in the evening but none of us fancy sleeping in a bunk bed and having enough space to avoid falling over each other is also a consideration.

As we will be contributing to our daughter's fare a Q5 to Q7 would be the limit as I imagine Princess and club balcony would be a bit cramped for 3.

I realise the availability of sufficient covers in the grills restaurant is a factor when booking but I want us to be together when we dine and having flexibility as to when we eat, which grills or club allow, will also be welcome.

Any advice will be gratefully received. We haven't cruised with Cunard before, hence the questions.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

Edited by Aspidestra99

A Q5-Q7 would be just about ok space wise I’d say. As a bonus there is a lovely big walk in wardrobe so plenty of hanging room. The sofa bed would be made up each evening and put away in the morning. I simply can’t remember if there’s a privacy curtain, which would help you.

I have just looked back at my photos and there isn’t a privacy curtain separating the sitting area from the sleeping area, but there is one across the entrance to the dressing area/bathroom entrance.

I definitely think it would be large enough for three.

Have a great time.

I have just looked back at my photos and there isn’t a privacy curtain separating the sitting area from the sleeping area, but there is one across the entrance to the dressing area/bathroom entrance.

Have a great time.

Hi cruiseluvva.

Thanks for your speedy reply. Very helpful.

I'm actually looking at December 2019 and was amazed that there are only a handful of QG suites for 3 persons available. There is plenty of availability for double occupancy.

Another option was for us all to fly to New York for a few days and my daughter to fly back home while we took the TA. She isn't sure she wants to commit two weeks holiday so far in advance.

Whatever she decides I'm pretty sure we'll be on the pre-Christmas TA crossing in 2019.

We are on our first Cunard cruise next year and I can't wait !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

Have a great time.

In this post is a super picture on how to create a privacy curtain using a cheap lightweight shower curtain and super strong hook magnets which might be something you can rig up.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2479488