Pre cruise hotel through Princess

Geoffa30

Hi. Hoping someone might be able to help.

We are booked on an Australian Cruisetour through Princess next March. We have just looked into extending the hotel in Sydney prior to the tour which starts with one night at the Hyatt Regency Darling Harbour. We were quoted a price and wanted to judge the cost through Princess in comparison to booking direct. We asked what room category the price was for but were told that as it’s a block booking it wasn’t possible to say.

My question is whether anyone has experience of pre cruise hotels through Princess (specifically the Hyatt in Sydney if at all possible) and whether the category of room through Princess was of the lowest available.

Thanks in advance for any help.

We were just there and stayed on our own for two nights prior to the tour. We booked it through Hyatt. Our room had a Harbor View and we were not made to move. However, when we returned to the Hyatt after the tour people were given “city view “ rooms on a lower floor. If you’re not already a member,it’s free to join the Hyatt rewards program. There are some nice perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were just there and stayed on our own for two nights prior to the tour. We booked it through Hyatt. Our room had a Harbor View and we were not made to move. However, when we returned to the Hyatt after the tour people were given “city view “ rooms on a lower floor. If you’re not already a member,it’s free to join the Hyatt rewards program. There are some nice perks.

Thanks for this info. I am a Hyatt member so could get lucky with a better room but it’s likely we will be in a lower grade one. This would of course make the price through Princess less competitive.

Am I right in assuming you took one of the Princess pre cruise land tours? If so, how was it?

Thanks for this info. I am a Hyatt member so could get lucky with a better room but it’s likely we will be in a lower grade one. This would of course make the price through Princess less competitive.

Am I right in assuming you took one of the Princess pre cruise land tours? If so, how was it?

Hyatt upgraded us and granted our request for an early check-in. We were really happy there. They allowed us to keep the Harbor View room for the first of our six night land tour. We did the Princess Outback Land Tour.

We were divided into two groups for the land tour. We were with friends and we were not placed in the same group. The tour guides would not fix it even though they could have easily done so. If you are traveling with friends,please make sure your reservations are linked. Our friends tour guide was pleasant and helpful so we got most of our information from him. We found our tour guide to be nasty. So, the short answer is, we liked the land tour in-spite of our tour guide. It is a very busy trip that includes a number of flights. You will need to carry your carry-ons up and down stairs when getting on and off the planes as we mostly boarded from the tarmac. If you have mobility issues of any kind, this trip may not be for you. I wrote something about the land tour on CC. If you go to “ports of call”and select “Australia and NZ” you’ll see it. My thread includes helpful tips that will make your land tour even more enjoyable. Have a great time.