If paid with CC can I use gift cards and receive a refund?

WaggesAZ

Hello all, my birthday was Christmas Day and I was given Carnival Gift Cards for both occasions. I have used a CC to pay for our cruise, an excursion, faster to the fun as well as cheers. Wondered if I used a CC to prepay, would I be able to apply gift cards once on board and have them refund my cc? I don't want to cancel and repay if possible-I am nervous with all the posters here reporting that Carnival's website has been and is currently experiencing issues with purchasing things using a gift card. Any one who has done this? I welcome any advice.

You can change out the form of payment on your cruise itself if final payment hasn’t been made.

As far as excursions and FunShop purchases you will have to cancel and redo it. GS will not be able to change the form of payment for you on those things on the ship.

I haven’t had any issues purchasing anything with gift cards. However I would leave FTTF alone. No guarantee once you cancel you’ll be able to get it right back again.

You can change out the form of payment on your cruise itself if final payment hasn’t been made.

As far as excursions and FunShop purchases you will have to cancel and redo it. GS will not be able to change the form of payment for you on those things on the ship.

I haven’t had any issues purchasing anything with gift cards. However I would leave FTTF alone. No guarantee once you cancel you’ll be able to get it right back again.

FTTF is definitely not something I want to mess with. I also am worried about the price on Cheers since I have it at the current price - I really didn't want to pay next year's pricing. I may just leave that alone too.

We don't have to make final payment until next month, so even though we're paid in full, I am glad to know I can do that now. the gift cards would either go toward the cruise or Cheers, as my family wasn't *THAT* generous~;p

Thanks for your input! Happy 2018!