Taxi Tours

syndyj

Can anyone give me the idea of how much a taxi tour will cost that takes you to both the Dutch and French side, with a stop for browsing on the French side, and then on to Orient Beach where we will like to stay a few hours, after which we would like to be picked up and taken back to the ship. Also, do you need to book in advance with the SXM taxi association or will taxis be readily available? There will bejust 2 of us.

This doesn't really sound like a taxi tour so much as a series of taxi rides.

Check out the Taxi Association rates page.

Thanks, actually what we want to do is the City to City tour which is described on the sxm taxi association page as:

City to City Tour

This is our most popular tour, because it lets you see the entire island in 2.5 hrs to 3.00 hrs and leave you with ample time to explore on your own.This tour starts with a brief introduction and orientation from the cruise harbor, along the great salt pond, through the scenic Belair route, to Cole bay hill where there would be a brief photo stop at the “look out point” over looking the Simpson bay lagoon, Simpson bay village, Juliana international airport and the low lands area of French and Dutch St. Maarten. From Cole Bay Hill the tour proceeds through Cole Bay passing the monument border onto Marigot, where passengers will be given the opportunity to browse around for approximately 45 minutes, the tour then continues towards Grand Case and on through Orient Bay village where there will be a 15 minute stop on the Orient Beach. The tour then proceeds through the following villages French Quarter crosses the border then through Belvedere, Bishop Hill, Sucker Garden, back to Philipsburg or the cruise pier where passengers will disembark. End of Tour

However, after we explore Marigot we would like to go to Orient Beach and have the taxi pick us up at a certain time to take us back to the pier. I am not seeing this option on the sxm taxi site and it says, $50.00 group rate for 2 people, so with 2 people will that work out to $100.00 or $50.00 for the taxi ? I tired emailing the taxi assocation but got no response.

Thanks, actually what we want to do is the City to City tour which is described on the sxm taxi association page as:

However, after we explore Marigot we would like to go to Orient Beach and have the taxi pick us up at a certain time to take us back to the pier. I am not seeing this option on the sxm taxi site and it says, $50.00 group rate for 2 people, so with 2 people will that work out to $100.00 or $50.00 for the taxi ? I tired emailing the taxi assocation but got no response.

That would be $50 for the tour for two people.

You could get in touch with my friend Joyce as an alternative.

Archived