Just off Oasis 10/15-10/22

Just off the Oasis 10/15 Western Caribbean sailing. Here are a few thoughts...

For us it was our second cruise on Oasis. We went the same week last year, but on the Eastern itinerary out of Fort Lauderdale. There were some changes to the fellow passenger demographics now that she is home-ported in Port Canaveral. There are a lot more families and a lot more senior citizens onboard. I’m thinking this is due to the proximity to Central Florida, the attractions and large retirement communities.

The weather was perfect with only some overcast and high winds on Day 7. The ports were a big surprise to us. We loved Labadee and were very surprised with Falmouth. We chose to take the trolley tour and met some wonderful people from Jamaica. Cozumel is always great and we elected to spend the day in Nachi Cocom.

We had the 3 night Specialty dining package as well as First Night Done Right. We ate at Sabor, Chops and Giovanni’s Table (2x). We really enjoy Giovanni’s. Our waiter Suriawan was awesome! He is a really great guy and we now consider him a friend.

The comedians in the comedy club were great as was the Headliner, Abba-Cadabra.

Cruise Director Jeffrey Arpin grew on me as the week went on. I enjoyed his Love and Marriage show as well as the Belly Flop contest. We were unable to make it to The Quest...too tired lol.

The Oasis has been great to us these last two cruises but we are thinking our next cruise we will head back to Fort Lauderdale and try out Harmony of the Seas.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Harmony is my most favorite ship but all Oasis are great.

I always ask everybody this question that just got off this class of ship, what was your cabin and did you find your cabin to be on the warm side at night?

How did you like Chops, we found on other ships it sure took a turn for the worse, but thinking since we have the ultimate dining package to try it the first night, after all, each ship has different Chefs, and if we don't like it we never eat at Chops again.

I love 150 Central Parc totally agree, in fact on the Harmony this past May we dined there 4 nights, always perfect and we always had the same servers, was very nice.

What time did you get to the pier? Was it crowded when you went?

I always ask everybody this question that just got off this class of ship, what was your cabin and did you find your cabin to be on the warm side at night?

Chiming in super quick as this was a big concern of mine. My party had two ocean view balcony cabins, deck 7 mid ship and they got cold. I loved it, but my mom when in my room had on a blanket and a sweatshirt. Was very relieved not to sweat to death at night.

I just got off the Allure. Why did the Oasis make a short stop at Nassau on Monday?

Medical evac for a passenger. Luckily we were able to make it to Labadee. We were only late an hour. Captain Per had “all engines up and all the handles down”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums