Obstructed Ocean View cabins on Gem

Leosmom

HI,

I hope someone can help with the amount of obstruction in Cabin 8578 on the Gem. We booked this category OX and was assigned this cabin.

I'm hoping it is one one the partially obstructed cabins as it appears to be at the beginning of a lifeboat.

If you've been on one of these cabins on deck 8, I would so much appreciate your input as to which cabins are the least obstructed.

I know this is the category I booked but if a less obstructed cabin

opens up, perhaps I could get a cabin change.

Thanks in advance, Leosmom

not much of a chance in you getting a cabin change at your request when you book a guarantee. The typical obstructed view cabin is about 50% obscured by life boat and ship structure. Hope you can get an answer on that particular cabin.

obstructedViewCabin.jpg.9116e2eb727f7d95affd6657977843d8.jpg

Exactly the cabin I was in July 21 - 28th.. quite obstructed. You can barely see over the lifeboat, bit it does offer plenty of sunshine. If you're hoping for a view of the port or any objects close to the ship, forget about it. If you're facing the windows from inside, the best chance of seeing anything is to the right.. however you;ll be viewing most of the rear of the lifeboat and the hydraulic controls.

Exactly the cabin I was in July 21 - 28th.. quite obstructed. You can barely see over the lifeboat, bit it does offer plenty of sunshine. If you're hoping for a view of the port or any objects close to the ship, forget about it. If you're facing the windows from inside, the best chance of seeing anything is to the right.. however you;ll be viewing most of the rear of the lifeboat and the hydraulic controls.

Thanks temanski and others for your replies. I was hoping for a less obstructed view as in the deck plans 8578 appears to be inbetween life boats But it is what it is and we will still have a great time! Once when booking a guarantee I was able to get a room change since there were cabins available and the price was the same. I may give it a try this time also!

Archived