New Year's Eve on the Sunshine

drumbeatfive

We're thinking about booking a cruise over New Year's. Has anyone cruised over the holiday? What kind of special events, if any, could we expect?

Thanks in advance for your input

Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Has far as Christmas they had a tree up in the atrium, and played Christmas music. And the ship was decorated for Christmas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have done New Years Eve cruise and it's a lot of fun! They handed out hats, blowers etc at dinner. Had a special New Years Eve menu (in our case it was formal night.) Later, there were several activities to choose from...we went to the Lido deck where the band played, they had midnight countdown on big screen and champagne toast passed out by waiters.. It was really crowded but we had a great time! There was also a balloon drop in the atrium and another event in the front theater. It was a great day/night and I would love to do it again one day.

We did it a few years back. I had a great time so did our two teenagers. (note: they stay near us most of the time, we are a very close family). But DW thought it was too crowded and over priced. I agree with her on both points, but it was fun. She was glad we did it, but she does not want to do a NYE cruise again. With that being said, she is now retired and I think I could talk her into again if I wanted to spend the extra money. But now we try to sail in early December.