Using 3-Night Dining Package for Izumi Lunch?

Hi all,

Has anyone used one of their dining package meals for lunch in Izumi? We'll be on the Independence in September & as our second day is at sea, we were thinking of booking our lunch at Izumi once onboard & using up one of our package meals. Just wanted to see if anyone else has done this & whether it is allowed in relation to one of the meals having to be reserved for the first or second night (according the the 3 night dining package T&C's).

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t see why you couldn’t use the package for lunch. The a la carte credit is the same whether it’s lunch or dinner and the a la carte pricing is the same for both meals. We used it for lunch with the ultimate package.

I think the lunch would satisfy any first or second night dining requirement. Someone wiser than me can correct me, but once on the ship I don’t think they care when you schedule your first meal.

Just go to any restaurant upon boarding, and tell them when you want to dine. I’ve found the restaurant staff to be very accommodating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got off the Independence a week ago now and used our 3 night package for Lunch in Izumi. There was if I remember a $20 dollar surcharge but it was well worth it. Whole thing took about 90 minutes but lunch didn't seem to be too popular as we booked the morning of the last sea day and got a spot for lunch no probs.

Surcharge? I’m aware of Ncl having a surcharge on some upper scale dining but surcharge idea at rccl news to me.

Are they still only adding in tip surcharge when did not book package ahead of time online?

We got off the Independence a week ago now and used our 3 night package for Lunch in Izumi. There was if I remember a $20 dollar surcharge but it was well worth it. Whole thing took about 90 minutes but lunch didn't seem to be too popular as we booked the morning of the last sea day and got a spot for lunch no probs.

Was this surcharge for the Hibachi experience?

I don’t see why you couldn’t use the package for lunch. The a la carte credit is the same whether it’s lunch or dinner and the a la carte pricing is the same for both meals. We used it for lunch with the ultimate package.

I think the lunch would satisfy any first or second night dining requirement. Someone wiser than me can correct me, but once on the ship I don’t think they care when you schedule your first meal.

Just go to any restaurant upon boarding, and tell them when you want to dine. I’ve found the restaurant staff to be very accommodating.

Thank you! We've found the onboard staff to be very helpful in the past as well, so sure it will all work out nicely :)