Beyond The Beach North Island Tour

freddybeachpete

Through our cruise Roll Call we saw a recommendation for Beyond The Beach and so we booked their North Island Tour. Very much enjoyed it and would recommend to others. Tour lasted approx 5 hours and took us through the mountains to the church at Balata, on to the waterfall at Sault Gendarme, a rum distillery in St Pierre, church ruins from the Mount Pelee volcano eruption of 1902, a gorgeous black sand beach at Le Barbel and then back to the ship. Great tour guide - Gladys. Highly recommend

We could not find a tour with an English speaking guide (except through ship), so we decided to rent a car and do the North Island Tour on our own. We rented through Eurocar for $45, we had an automatic. I google mapped the route and did research on the stops. We did all the same stops the tour did. We added a few extra stops along the way, and I brought a list of french travel phrases with us. It was a wonderful day in Martinique.

I'm glad your diy trip turned out great. We have done that as well. But Gladys speaks 4 languages English, French, Spanish and the other I do not recall. We took this trip April 3, 2018 and we loved it. Gladys answered everyone's questions, she talked about several different things that we did not think or know to ask about. We have done several of these tours before with other company's on other islands, and I would definitely put this as one of the top two or three tours. The scenery was beautiful. Gladys' local knowledge was helpful to a fellow passenger that was motion sick, she got her ginger syrup at the rhum distillery, the lady stated that she felt better almost immediately. When we finished the tour, Gladys directed to us to some shopping for particular items and a shop had I found online. The driver, I which I could recall his name to give him specific credit was great. He did not sling you around and maneuver like other drivers in the caribbean, if you've been around, you know what I mean. My wife really appreciated that.

How much was the North Tour with Beyond the Beach?

It was 65 euros per person, Paid at time of booking via credit card so be aware that there will be an exchange rate charge. A modest cash tip to the guide at the end of the tour was also given.

• 1 year later...
On 4/14/2018 at 7:37 AM, jdapowers said:

We could not find a tour with an English speaking guide (except through ship), so we decided to rent a car and do the North Island Tour on our own. We rented through Eurocar for $45, we had an automatic. I google mapped the route and did research on the stops. We did all the same stops the tour did. We added a few extra stops along the way, and I brought a list of french travel phrases with us. It was a wonderful day in Martinique.

Did you get your rental car at the port? We are going in January and would love to get info on both your car rental and travel tips for your diy tour. Thank you for any help you can give us! 😊