Pre Cruise Rome Excursion/Day of Departure?

ckh2001

Has any one been on the "Rome at a Glance" tour that is offered by Carnival as a Pre-cruise Shore excursion on the day of departure. We are confirmed on the Oct. 15th Dream Cruise. We were not able to add a pre-cruise or a post-cruise stay in Rome. I have never been to Rome and thought this tour may give me the highlights. But it appears to be just drive bys except time at St. Paul's Bascilia. The cost is $65.00 per person.

Thanks for any help or insight you can offer.

Connie

Has any one been on the "Rome at a Glance" tour that is offered by Carnival as a Pre-cruise Shore excursion on the day of departure. We are confirmed on the Oct. 15th Dream Cruise. We were not able to add a pre-cruise or a post-cruise stay in Rome. I have never been to Rome and thought this tour may give me the highlights. But it appears to be just drive bys except time at St. Paul's Bascilia. The cost is $65.00 per person.

Thanks for any help or insight you can offer.

Connie

My DH and I were in Rome last year. We were there for two days and even that was not enough.

I would never do a drive though in Rome, you miss out on so much. If you can, come a day or two early and really enjoy all that Rome has to offer, you will not be disappointed.

Have a wonderful cruise, I so envy that you are not only on the Dream, but going to Europe. I am hoping to go back in 2011 and hopefully on the Magic.

I am on the following cruise, the TA. I am hoping for the Holy Rome tour, since we also were not able to fly in a day early. The problem is you can't be confirmed for these tours because they have to have a minimum of 25 people to run the tour, and they think they won't know that until you land and meet the Carnival reps. Have you joined the roll call for you sailing? My feeling is that a 'drive-by' tour is better than no tour at all. I spent three days in Rome in April, but my traveling companion (sister) was not with me, and needs to see something of Rome. EM

I am on the following cruise, the TA. I am hoping for the Holy Rome tour, since we also were not able to fly in a day early. The problem is you can't be confirmed for these tours because they have to have a minimum of 25 people to run the tour, and they think they won't know that until you land and meet the Carnival reps. Have you joined the roll call for you sailing? My feeling is that a 'drive-by' tour is better than no tour at all. I spent three days in Rome in April, but my traveling companion (sister) was not with me, and needs to see something of Rome. EM

EM

Yes, I've posted on the Dream Roll Call for 10/15. I wish I could have stayed in Rome for a couple of days. I'm thinking this may be my only time in Rome, so I have to really consider if the "drive by" will satisfy my hunger to see Rome.

Connie

EM

Yes, I've posted on the Dream Roll Call for 10/15. I wish I could have stayed in Rome for a couple of days. I'm thinking this may be my only time in Rome, so I have to really consider if the "drive by" will satisfy my hunger to see Rome.

Connie

I should not say too much to you on your "drive by in Rome", we did that in Pairs, Paris of all places. We did "Paris Highlights". We were in Paris for 4 1/2 hours and 1 hour of that was lunch :rolleyes: It took us three hours to get to Paris and three to get back to the ship. Oh well, it is what it is. But one day I do want to go back and spend a lot more time there.

I hope you can go back to Rome one day and take it all in. It truly is an amazing city.

Archived