British Isle Expedition Cruise (Silver Cloud)

petlover

We have done SS Expedition cruises in Arctic and Antarctica so we're familiar with zodiacs wet landings in remote areas. We have never done an Expedition cruise that actually takes you to towns/villages such as I'm imagining on the British Isles Expedition cruise on the Silver Cloud.

Are these dry or wet landings? Do they have docks? The one we're considering is in May 2019 and wondering if you still need waterproof pants and rubber boots ?? Thank you.

Hi, Marcie,

George and I are on the May 23, 2019 from Dublin to London. We have been to some of the ports before on Regent. Some have docks and some were tender ports. On Explorer (realize this is on Cloud), if there is a port that will accommodate the ship, we have been at port before. If no port exists, or if it is not large enough, then you use the zodiacs. The same will be true on Cloud.

We may need boots and waterproof pants some, but not a lot. When we did Japan to Guam, we did not need them. We had some wet landings but in very warm water. But most landings were at docks. They will let us know for sure before the cruise when they send out the docs. I am looking forward to the trip. Hope to see you and Tom there!

Thanks guys.

We got our cabin assignment today (#533 one of a handful of cabins with a tub/shower combination which I hoped for, having options works for me).

I also found out that on the B2B, it now leaves from AMS instead of London so now it's Amsterdam to Dublin on first segment and then Dublin to London. I'm disappointed that it's leaving from AMS, oh well...such is life.

Gotta admit I'd be more than fine not having to put on waterproof pants and rubber boots twice a day. Guess we'll find out when the time is closer.