Jungle River Tubing

camijo

I am wondering if anyone has done this excursion through Carnival? The reviews are good. I'm just concerned about the bus ride there; some say an hour and another one said 20 mins from port. So I'm confused. Also, you are roped together, is that a pain?

Thanks in advance for any further information.

• 2 weeks later...

you are not roped together but hold on to each others hands or the tube handles so the guide can control the group. there had been rain so the river was higher with some (small) rapids on rio bueno near Falmouth

• 2 weeks later...

Family of six with two grandsons, ages 8 and 11. Wanting to do river tubing that is fun, but not challenging for the boys. Has anyone done Rio Bueno Tubing? I have also looked at White River Tubing but I think that will be a longer drive from Falmouth which is where our cruise will dock.

Has anyone used Patrice Bailey tours while in Falmouth? She has EXCELLENT reviews on trip advisor so am going to check with her.

Any ideas for something fun for the boys to do? Have been to Dunns Falls - don't want to do that again. Don't want to drive over an hour plus for an excursion.

Looked at river tubing and adventure falls offered by ship excursions but the tubes are tied together and the boys didn't really want to do that - it looked a little too calm!!

Thanks for any suggestions?

We did the tubing on Rio Bueno in late January. The company is called river rapid adventures. we arranged our booking through karandas tours. The location is about 20 minutes from Falmouth. The White river is on the far side of Ocho Rios so that would be 1 1/2 hour away.

they also offer rafting at Rio Bueno.

We were given life vest and helmets and large inner tubes. A very short walk to the put-in point. There had been a lot of rain recently so the water was flowing well but nothing scary - mostly a "float and soak". There were 4 in our group. We held hands most of the time but not roped together. This was so the guide could control where we were in the river and keep us centered.

We ended up at an ok beach - you could swim but we did not. There was beer, other drinks, food and crafts to purchase. Our driver met us there with our towels, etc. the driver took us through some small villages on the way back to see local places.