Family traveling in two cabins: Suite/Non Suite: Check-in Procedure Question...

My family will be sailing on the Rhapsody. We are in two separate cabins. One is a suite, one is not.

As we will be using the Suite Check-in Line...will this be an issue?

I would appreciate your comments ~

Thanks.

Guest OBAYbee

I had that same question come up some time ago as well. Instead of messing with the possibility, I decided to put my husband in the non suite with my brother in-law because as a Platinum member he has priority boarding no matter where his cabin is. Then my sister and I have the suite. We plan to swap out luggage and that should be it.

Same story, my husband and oldest son assigned to JS and youngest son and myself to inside cabin. In March, during spring break, we all got to go to the suite line, and they made us extra sea passes there so we could get in each cabin.

Guest OBAYbee
Don't want to hijack this thread, but did you ever get a response from LS?? I noticed the thread got p**fed into oblivion, which didn't surprise me one bit.

Stretch

NOPE! I am a little disappointed but not shocked. I would have appreciated being told what about the thread was wrong so I don't repeat the same thing. I am sure they get a lot of email. But over the years I've posted here this was the first time I've sent one. Oh well.

Have you been on any Auburn cruises? I heard that this summer Tuberville and some of his staff are going on Carnival. I went on an Alumni cruise back in 1995 to the Canary Islands. Had a blast!

Same story, my husband and oldest son assigned to JS and youngest son and myself to inside cabin. In March, during spring break, we all got to go to the suite line, and they made us extra sea passes there so we could get in each cabin.

Thanks, sross6019 ~

Did you also have to do anything once you were aboard? We will also be switching cabins between two family members....and for purchasing purposes (on Seacard)....did you have to go to the Purser's desk and switch there?

I would think it might just depend on how crowded it is when you arrive for your check-in. In January we were on the Navigator in Royal Family Suite and two non-suite cabins. We arrived just before noon and there were hardly any lines, maybe twenty or so people ahead of us.

Because the families traveling with us had never cruised before, I expressed the desire to accompany them to the regular check-in line because I preferred that we all check-in together. However, RCCL employee directed all twelve of us to the suites check-in area (where there was no one else in line) and then checked in all three cabins at the same time in the suites area. Very painless.

Honestly, at least when we arrived, I don't think it would have really made much of a difference if our group had been split up. We all then boarded the ship in the same line anyway.

Enjoy your cruise.

NOPE! I am a little disappointed but not shocked. I would have appreciated being told what about the thread was wrong so I don't repeat the same thing. I am sure they get a lot of email. But over the years I've posted here this was the first time I've sent one. Oh well.

Have you been on any Auburn cruises? I heard that this summer Tuberville and some of his staff are going on Carnival. I went on an Alumni cruise back in 1995 to the Canary Islands. Had a blast!

I figured you hadn't heard from her, the only email I ever got from her was a slap on the hand for more of less going after Bicker. Of course got all my posts from that particular thread erased, but really figured I be b*nned.

Haven't done any Auburn cruises, don't participate in any alumni stuff, just follow the sports and hit a few games every year. A Tubby cruise might be fun though.

Stretch

This other cabin..... isn't just traveling with us, they are our two children...ages 12 and 21. We're all using one credit card, etc.... which is why I think we almost have to process together.

That was nice of RCI to let the other families go with you in the suite line.

We arrived about 11:30-12:00. We told them up front that we wanted duplicate seacards because my husband and I were going to be in the JS and the boys (13 and 15 yo) were going to be in the inside cabin. They didn't seem to have a problem with it and made us an extra set of cards then. The first time we cruised was on Christmas 2002, both rooms were inside, so we went to the Purser's desk and they made us extra seacards there without any problems. So each one of us carried 2 cards around but we respected each other's privacy, i.e. knocking before entering, calling before going over,etc. We kept ours in a plastic lanyard card hold we found at WalMart for 99 cents.

My family will be sailing on the Rhapsody. We are in two separate cabins. One is a suite' date=' one is not.

As we will be using the Suite Check-in Line...will this be an issue?

I would appreciate your comments ~

Thanks.[/quote']

My family also had 2 cabins on the Star Princess last week 2/20-27. We had a Penthouse Suite and an inside cabin for our 2 teenagers. Since Platinum Embarkation came with the Suite we didn't think twice and went straight to the Platinum line. It took us 20 minutes to be onboard inside both cabins. Good luck!:D

Archived