Carnival Dream balcony 8399

jsf1980

Looking for information on balcony 8399 on the Dream. Noise, comfort, motion, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you said on which deck, and where on the ship this cabin in located it would probably get you more replies.

Your cabin in aft of of mid-ships, and as such on deck 8 has a good location with cabins above and below. The "open area" shown on THIS LINK to the left of your cabin is likely crew or mechanical spaces, and I would expect little noise. We had cabin 8362 a few years ago, which is more forward than yours. It was three decks up from deck 5, but nearly directly over a hot tub, which was full of noisy kids during the day. We heard them only when on the balcony. Your cabin location is further aft over the promenade deck, and I'd expect much less noise than we had. BTW, with that wide promenade deck, you will not be able to look directly down at the water from your cabin, but that isn't much of an issue to most of us. Your aft of mid-ships location is generally one that feels little motion unlike the extreme forward cabins. We really like the Dream, I have another cruise booked for October this year. :cool:

Enjoy your cruise!:cool:

Doug

I assumed everyone would know that 8399 would be on the 8th deck. And know where it’s located, especially if they had stayed in it before. Lol. Thanks for your input! I just wanted to check because I just had a bad experience with my last cabin being very noisy at night.

There is a great place to check out deck plans and it is cruise deck plans dot com (no spaces). When you get on the 'public' site, click on CCL, then choose the ship. At the top bar on the page is a button labeled 'click and drag'....click on that and all the decks will show side by side. You can actually "click and drag" one deck over another (keep the mouse button depressed and the deck you dragged will be 'see through') to see exactly what is above and below the cabin. Just be sure to line up the decks by aligning the stairs/elevators on top of each other to be able to be accurate. Hope this helps you!

There is a great place to check out deck plans and it is cruise deck plans dot com (no spaces). When you get on the 'public' site, click on CCL, then choose the ship. At the top bar on the page is a button labeled 'click and drag'....click on that and all the decks will show side by side. You can actually "click and drag" one deck over another (keep the mouse button depressed and the deck you dragged will be 'see through') to see exactly what is above and below the cabin. Just be sure to line up the decks by aligning the stairs/elevators on top of each other to be able to be accurate. Hope this helps you!

Thanks!!