Norwegian Jade and Umbrellas

prplcat702

Hi all! I'll be on the Jade in early May going to the UK. Does the ship provide umbrellas for the day? I once saw another cruise line that offered this and was wondering if this was something I needed to save room in my luggage for or if the boat lets you borrow one for the day. Any ideas?

The garden villa has umbrellas. Otherwise pretty sure the other staterooms don’t. Very easy to pick one up if needed. Last year we had umbrellas in Southampton and still got completely soaked. Went to a sporting goods store and picked up rain pants which we of course didn’t need other than the one day that we didn’t have them. Umbrellas don’t do much good if windy. A good rain jacket with hood and pants that dry quickly instead of jeans on rainy days should do the trick. I had a great Marmot rain jacket that folded up to nothing for packing. Husband picked up the exact jacket in Scotland for half the price I paid in the USA. The puffy jackets that squish to nothing can be worn under a rain shell if cold temps. Both those items together take up about the same luggage space as an umbrella.

• 4 weeks later...