Carnival Sunshine thoughts?

MikeNKim

I did not like the layout at all and low ceilings everywhere. Comedy club way to small and included food not that great. The guys burgers where even dripping with grease and fries where stuck together like glue.

It does have a great serenity area and the pay food options where very good. Cruise director Emma was great.

I would not sail on her again.

We have been on 8 different ships and while we loved all the amenities of the Sunshine, the only downside were the crowds. Which everyone complains about on every ship on every line so we always read the complaints with a grain of salt. But on all 7 days we walked around in circles holding our food at lunch looking for a table, ANY table, at any location. We ended up eating in random spots throughout the ship, after giving up on the tables on Lido. We tried eating earlier, later, purposefully slowing down the line a little bit in hopes that more people will eat and move on and empty up some tables before we got our food. We either ate at a random spot on the ship or by literally begging people to let us sit with them while they played cards or ate with an empty chair at their table. Other than that, we really liked the ship. Spa was missing a bit of the perks that the other ships have. But the food was good (but cold by the time we ate it:(. The itinerary was good. The ship was VERY rocky. Everyone was sick every day. But it was likely the weather and not the ship since it was VERY rough waters almost our entire trip. I would sail on her again if the itinerary and home port was convenient, but if it was side by side to another ship with the same upgrades and amenities I would choose a larger ship in hopes of eating food at a real table.

A tip someone gave me when we first sailed on the Sunshine.

Confusing deck plans'

know that Deck 5 is always your friend. you can go from Aft to bow on that deck.

Worked for us

same worked for us on the Magic and Breeze.....