Norwegian Epic 17030 vs 17033

Devious

Hello!

I am choosing between 17030 and 17033 for a February sailing, I am concerned with the noise level from above. We are okay with noise from the pool area during the day.

One is under posh - 17030 and the other is under the Epic public sundeck - 17033.

I see that 17033 is slightly larger in the dining room area ,but getting a great nights sleep is my primary concern.

Thanks all in advance!

• 5 months later...

We just sailed in 17033 and the noise from the public sundeck above was annoying. Chairs scraping early in the morning, but more so were the kids/teens running and jumping up there until midnight. Even though 17 is a Haven floor, they would take the elevator up and sit in the stairwell at the top of 17 listening to music - then running around the deck at night. Posh is much quieter - day and night and we wished we'd taken cabin 17030. Cabin itself was lovely - just think under Posh would be better.

we where in 17030 in jan 2018 we LOVED the room. during the day u hear some noise from above. but on the first 2 mornings around 7 am they where chairs being dragged back and forth. very annoying!! we spoke to butler and the rest of the trip it wasn't until around 830am for the noise to begin. we did start taking Tylenol PM's the rest of the trip to sleep thru the noise and it worked. we have been in several havens -the away ships and jewel class. but the epic haven is the BEST haven.

• 8 months later...

We were in 17033, and the noise from the pool deck was terrible.  We like to read on our balcony, but the constant loud music made that impossible.  Almost all of the night time parties were held there also, most until almost midnight.  We complained to guest services, the concierge, our butler, and the cruise director, but very little was done.  The service was first rate, and we loved the cabin, but the loud music spoiled our transatlantic.  It wasn't a total loss, however.  When we got home we wrote to Norwegian and as a result got a very nice credit for a future cruise. 

We were in 17033 and it is my favorite cabin i’ve cruised in so far.  The music and activity from the pool deck is why we loved it.  We could open the door and hear live music, watch people dancing, watch activities all day long.  I disagree about noise at night, at night the pool area was dead.  I wish there was more action there at night.  I don’t recall any chair noise from above in the morning.  And this was over spring break, so one of the noisiest times to cruise.  I don’t think you can go wrong with either.  Love the cabin and love the balcony.  I agree it is not a good choice for privacy or quiet, but great for people watching.