Wedding Planning Journal (and questions)

Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises
Ready to say "I do?" Plan a honeymoon cruise here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:14 AM.
1,153 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
I'm so sorry about the dry dock -- what horrific stress to have to start over and have little to nothing fall easily into place.

My husband and I are doing a 25th anniversary vow renewal, and our 5 day cruise over night's in Cabo. But I decided (in spite of really wanting the beachy vibe and scenic photos) to have the renewal onboard while sailing. I just didn't want to risk something coming up (like your drydock) that would upend all the planning. Not to mention the $$ loss of non-refundable deposits. We have a smaller group (16 booked) but it's still a lot of work to try to arrange a fun event around all the cost and timing elements. I'm kind of thinking I may do a "dress up" photo shoot in Cabo just for us, with a friend who takes great photos.

Hope you are able to get everything back on track -- and do try to enjoy it. The reality is, something/s always goes wrong, and the best way to cope is to let it go and enjoy your day regardless. Of course-- a complete overhaul of the entire event can't just be let go, but once you get back on track, you can have a beautiful and wonderful celebration
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ruby Princess 5 Day to Cabo Review
Jewel Haven Review 2016
Princess Renewal of Vows Review

2018 Ruby Princess to Cabo
2017 Ruby Princess Mexican Riviera
2016 Norwegian Jewel to the Mexican Riviera
Norwegian Sky - Pacific Coastal
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - Ensenada
NCL Seaward - Caribbean
Cunard Countess - Caribbean
1,153 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
I had another thought to share -- one of the things I'm planning, since good photos are so important to me, is a photo set up in our cabin. I did book the Owner's Suite for this trip, because the rate was great on this particular sailing, so we have extra space to do this (and entertain our guests in cabin/balcony).

Anyhow, I got magnetic hooks and some strong but thin cording to put on the ceiling (ceiling and walls are metal) and will be hanging some sheer curtains from Ikea $5 per pair (photo back drop) and also ordered some Chinese paper lanterns with little battery operated lights and silk wisteria flowers to hang. So in our cabin, we will have this small curtained grotto with twinkle lights, lanterns and flowers. All light weight, collapsible and not fragile. It is my way of having a lovely space, that I have essentially complete control over when it comes to cost, and timing. And we can enjoy it for the bulk of the cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Jewel Haven Review 2016

NCL Seaward - Caribbean
196 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Originally posted by 3kidsncats
I had another thought to share -- one of the things I'm planning, since good photos are so important to me, is a photo set up in our cabin. I did book the Owner's Suite for this trip, because the rate was great on this particular sailing, so we have extra space to do this (and entertain our guests in cabin/balcony).

Anyhow, I got magnetic hooks and some strong but thin cording to put on the ceiling (ceiling and walls are metal) and will be hanging some sheer curtains from Ikea $5 per pair (photo back drop) and also ordered some Chinese paper lanterns with little battery operated lights and silk wisteria flowers to hang. So in our cabin, we will have this small curtained grotto with twinkle lights, lanterns and flowers. All light weight, collapsible and not fragile. It is my way of having a lovely space, that I have essentially complete control over when it comes to cost, and timing. And we can enjoy it for the bulk of the cruise.
Thank you for the empathetic words. Also, that grotto space sounds awesome! Since the wedding is on the last day now () I feel like we are going to get tons of pics with everyone before hand so I won't be as stressed about pics before hand. Yet, still, we have the professional photographer on the island taking pics after the ceremony.
1,153 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
I'm sure you will have an incredible day to start your life together as Mr and Mrs -- with lots of lovely pics to enjoy for years to come. Fingers crossed the rest of the planning and trip are smooth
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Jewel Haven Review 2016

NCL Seaward - Caribbean
196 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
So with the ship change, came an itinerary change, venue change, and reception time change. I had to work around the itinerary and reception changes as those 2 I had no control over. So in the end it looks like:
Morning Wedding (one of my worst nightmares)
2pm reception (which means nobody will be able to explore the island)
8:30pm dinner (massive time between reception and dinner that can't be changed)

So itinerary will look like
Wedding:
Ceremony
Group Pics
Cake and Bahamian Punch on the Beach
Guests go back/Bridal Party Stays for Professional Pics

Reception-
Open bar/ hot & Cold Odourves
Traditional wedding stuff I want (1st dances, line dances, bouquet toss ect)

Dinner-
Main Dining

Extras-
OOT bags- we have the bags. 1/2 are back packs, 1/2 Beach bags. they all have our wedding log on them. inside there are reusable water bottles and cozies with out logo, customized lanyards, decks of cards and uno cards, tissue, sanitizer, paper, pens, customized door magnets

Activities- (since the wedding is at the end now, well take the time to do bachelorette/bachelor type things)
Welcome meet and greet- RCCI offers meeting rooms free of charge for groups. so the 1st day we will do a meet and greet and pass out OOT bags. After we will do a quick wedding rehearsal
pub crawl- moh is organizing with drinking games. we even have our logo on one of drinking game cups
wedding scavenger hunt- guy vs girls (the girls will have team bride glasses to wear for the game)

Décor-
The wedding coordinator will do most of the beach set up, but we are making a wooden sign and basket that says "shoes optional" so people can go barefoot.
The wedding programs are Chinese fans with the program tied on. They will be opened on each seat
We are bringing our won hour glass unity sand container
The reception will have a big welcome to our reception sign with out picture
Dinner table center pieces:
The dinner theme is traveling while the ceremony theme is bird of paradise. So in the absolute center are lightbulb vases with silk birds of paradise. the vases are anchored with beach sand and mini shells. Then there is 1 souvenieer from one of the countries we've visited. Around that in a circle are pictures of us in those places or post cards from those places. (sounds more complicated then it actually I lol)

Everyone's paid for, now we just have to pray nothing else unexpected happens.