4 single girls on Carnival Valor 4/30/06!

misstalkative77

hi,

ok, so i'm a little nervous.... i convinced 3 of my girlfriends that there would be plenty of single guys on our cruise next year!!! now i'm not so sure and worried we will get on board and there will be mostly couples and families... my friends will be so disappointed if thats the case.

we DEFINITELY don't want to go on a "singles specific" cruise.... we're not looking for boyfriends/husbands. just fun guys to hang out with!(for cocktails on the deck, some island hopping, hanging out in the bars/clubs with... that kind of thing)

does anyone know what we can expect? we're all single and we want guys to flirt with on our cruise. we are in the 27-30 yr age group.

should cancel before its too late-- or does anyone think there be a good supply of guys on this ship??? we're going to be on the Carnival Valor next year (4/30/06). i heard Carnival was better suited for "the young and single set" but now i'm not so sure.

please HELP-- any input will be appreciated. i just don't have 3 angry girls with me the entire cruise!!!!

--michelle

I have always met some singles to "hang" with on my Carnival cruises...even during spring break/family cruise time.

Don't worry! I am sure that you will have a great time!

Suggestions for meeting single people - request a late seating and a large table, go to the dining room and check what your seating arrangement is as soon as you can after you board. They are very good about putting "like" people together and this is a great way to meet people to go out with later in the evening after dinner! Also - don't be shy! I met the "missing single guy" from one of my tables in the Atrium Lounge while having my late afternoon coffee one afternoon and we had a great time together dancing in the disco for the rest of the cruise!!

Why go with a singles group vs going by yourself.if you go on your own (with or without friends).When you go witha singles group after the first night you can switch tables every night and meet new people everynight.If go without a singles group you have to sit at the same table and people every night what fun is that you don't get to meet new people everynight. if you go solo or with friends You'll never know if they will be many single people on the ship but with a singles group you know that they'll be alot of singles on the ship.

I used to go solo and i had a very hard time meeting singles without going with a singles group. This doesn't mean that you will.I only go with singles groups I have a much better time then before when I went solo.I go to meet people not everyone who goes is looking for a boyfriend-husband.If you go on a cruise thinking that since your with a singles group that you'll meet someone you'll be dispointed if you don't.iam going Iam on my 7th cruise with a singles group I just go and have fun.If you have any questions going solo or with a group I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Jen

hi jen, thank you for responding : )

well, to answer why we don't go on a "Singles Cruise"... It's mainly because my girlfriends and i adamantly refuse to go on a cruise that is specifically for "singles".... we're not looking for "just" single people to hang out with... as long as there's a few onboard, we'll be happy : )

i queried about it because i just wanted to make sure there were at least going to be some single guys...

we're all outgoing and friendly so we don't have trouble meeting people.

i was mostly worried that cruises would be ALL married couples or families and apparently (from what other responses have said) that's not the case at all.

we're all excited now! thank you again for responding jen : )

-michelle

Hey Michelle, I also am single and will be going on my third cruise in the Miracle May 7, 2006. I see plenty of singles on the ships and it never seems to be a problem meeting people. One day I might try the singles group but for now I enjoy the way things have worked out so far. As for eating at the same table everynight I have found if you find someone you want to dine with that there is usually no problem squeezing in one more person at the table and if you get enough people together they will work with you to seat all of you together. Keep checking the message boards and you might even meet some people in advance. I did this on my last cruise and we all got together the night before the ship left and had a blast all the way through the cruise. Good luck and have fun! James

hi james,

thanks for more input on this!

the good news is we're not looking to meet people in the dining room anyway... we plan on eating there and then hitting the bars : )

i went on 2 other cruises with single girls and we always met tons of guys in the bars, clubs, beaches, (when we hit land of course) or even just walking around the ship.

my original concern was really about there being single guys on the ship at all... which i guess there will be from what you're all saying. woohoo for us!

-michelle

hey thanks for sharing those pics.... you girls both looked great and i can tell you had a blast!

ironically-- WE happen to be 2 blonde girls and 2 asian girls in our group.

we like to drink so THANKS for the "sneaking alcohol" on board tip. i guess we'll have to pretend all those listerine bottles filled with vodka and gin are just for fresh breath purposes. haha!!!!!!!!

Hey MissTalkative!

I'm a single 26 year old chick. I took a cruise to Mexico in January with the family. We were on a Celebrity cruise..where, no joke, the average age was 70+. Don't worry! There were a bunch of single people on the cruise. The first night it was all 20 & 30 somethings up partying. I'm sure on a Carnival cruise there will be a TON of hott young single guys.

For the record...there was a couple that met and fell in love on my cruise. Last I heard she had moved to Missouri with him and they were engaged. (Of course it didn't happen for ME.)

hey pearl jammer-- thanks for the info!

i've been hearing more and more that Carnival is the best cruise line for us girls.... (young, single and looking to party!)

none of us are looking to "fall in love" though.... (we're pretty sure the odds of meeting a great single guy from San Francisco are slim to none!)

we also decided that we would love to meet other FUN single girls too, or cool couples... we just want merry-makers to join forces with and enjoy the festivities... of course fun singles guys to add to this mix are especially welcome. haha :)

after all these great responses, we're really looking forward to our vacation more than ever.

thanks to ALL! this site is the best.

PS: oh and BTW, we're NOT into the "21 yr old frat kegger" type of partyers...sorry. we're city girls with corporate jobs. we prefer a more sophisticated gin/wine/champagne crowd. thanks!

* if this is you, send me a note! i'm going to pre-plan some private parties and the guest list is officially open : )

hey pearl jammer-- thanks for the info!

i've been hearing more and more that Carnival is the best cruise line for us girls.... (young, single and looking to party!)

none of us are looking to "fall in love" though.... (we're pretty sure the odds of meeting a great single guy from San Francisco are slim to none!)

we also decided that we would love to meet other FUN single girls too, or cool couples... we just want merry-makers to join forces with and enjoy the festivities... of course fun singles guys to add to this mix are especially welcome. haha :)

after all these great responses, we're really looking forward to our vacation more than ever.

thanks to ALL! this site is the best.

PS: oh and BTW, we're NOT into the "21 yr old frat kegger" type of partyers...sorry. we're city girls with corporate jobs. we prefer a more sophisticated gin/wine/champagne crowd. thanks!

* if this is you, send me a note! i'm going to pre-plan some private parties and the guest list is officially open : )

You guys seem like fun! I wanna go with you!! :D

P.S. I sent you an email. I have a few tips on smuggling on liquor. I took pics from our cruise, if you're interested in taking a gander.

send those pics!

YES-- we would LOVE to have you join us! well, i didnt ask the other girls but they're all really cool and fun and i know they will be happy to have another girl in the group.

we have 2 girls per cabin and we're going to be in 7449 & 7451 on the Empress deck.(with adjoining decks)

get a cabin near us if you can... also, try to bring a friend so you dont have to be by yourself in a room.(well, unless you dont mind that. its up to you)

i can request a few more people in our dining group too so we're all seated at the same table.

let me know if you decide to do this and also how many so we can coordinate everything! --michelle

Hi Michelle:

It sounds like it will be a good cruise. I wouldn't worry about finding people. I'm not sure if anyone has started a roll call for your week or not. If not, you may want to start one up.

I would recommend not putting your cabin number on this or any other public site. You just never know.

Rogue

thanks-- and yes, someone did start a roll call and i responded to it so i think i'm covering all the bases!

also thanks for the warning but i'm pretty comfortable with putting our cabing #'s out there... i've never felt unsafe on a ship and we'll be traveling with a pack the whole time anyway!

anyone on our cruise is welcome to knock on our doors-- as long as they've come to party : )

cheers, and happy aloha friday-- Cali style!

we're actually booked on the April 30th cruise-- on the Carnival Valor.

yes, please come join us-- i want more girls in our group!

i'm already meeting some other cool people (guys and girls) to hang out with and its going to be a blast.

try to get a cabin near us if possible. we're in 7449 and 7451 on the Empress deck.

if decide to book this, email me directly so we can coordinate things:

midziorek@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...

RECENT UPDATE: for anyone who is going on this valor cruise with us in april.... if you still want to join us for some partying on board, we have switched cabins.

we never found the 4th girl to go so the 3 of us upgraded to a suite instead. its really big and so is the deck area...

we'll be in #7272 on the empress deck if you're interested in hanging out with us, the more the merrier :)

well, thats all. i can't wait to meet everyone.... i'm counting down the days!

Archived