ship to airport

rooney9

I will be on Britannia in February,they have an excursion,Farewell to Barbados on the last day,a tour and then you are taken to the airport for flight to UK.I usually stay over for a couple of nights after the cruise and then fly back so I have never used the transfer on the last day.Just wandering if you do'nt go on the tour what time do the tranfer coaches leave for the airport and what happens to your luggage while you are out and about on the last day,my flight back to UK takes off at 1850.

You'll need to be out of your cabin about 8am but they'll store your hand luggage in the theatre (or other such venue). You can get a "day room" at a cost - inside cheaper than other rooms.

You can stay on the ship all day or you can get off for a while, as long as you're back in time for your transfer. They'll give you a time to depart the ship which is usually around 3 hours (could be bit longer) before your flight time. It takes around 45 mins to get from ship to airport.

We've had ones where we've had a couple of hours at the airport, but others where we've literally gone straight through to the plane.

Hope this helps.

I will be on Britannia in February,they have an excursion,Farewell to Barbados on the last day,a tour and then you are taken to the airport for flight to UK.I usually stay over for a couple of nights after the cruise and then fly back so I have never used the transfer on the last day.Just wandering if you do'nt go on the tour what time do the tranfer coaches leave for the airport and what happens to your luggage while you are out and about on the last day,my flight back to UK takes off at 1850.

Also if you are not aware, your main "hold" luggage is collected from outside your cabin the night before you disembark the ship and you next see it at arrival in your UK airport. Have a great cruise.

Martyn

Also if you are not aware, your main "hold" luggage is collected from outside your cabin the night before you disembark the ship and you next see it at arrival in your UK airport. Have a great cruise.

Martyn

Our luggage allowance on the flight from Barbados to Birmingham is 23kg

So what happens when somebody at the airport discovers your bag weighs say 25kg or more

You and your bag are not together at that point. Do they put an announcement out asking to you to go to baggage check in to pay excess baggage charge?

Thank you for your replies both very helpfull.We arrive in Barbados the day before the cruise so I will hire a car and see the island before the cruise,so no need for the excursion.The day cabin sounds about the best option,at least you can have a shower and freshen up before your flight,do you have to book the day cabin before your cruise or would it be ok when you board.Just thinking would it be like a hotel when you want to keep your room on and you are told you can't because other people will need it.

It doesn't seem that as the luggage is bonded on the return trip that it's actually weighed. I've never heard of anyone having trouble as to the weight of their cases on the flight back to the UK. I shouldn't worry about it. When you get to the airport it's straight through Security to the Departure Lounge, you don't have to check in or anything like that.

The day cabin sounds about the best option,at least you can have a shower and freshen up before your flight,do you have to book the day cabin before your cruise or would it be ok when you board.Just thinking would it be like a hotel when you want to keep your room on and you are told you can't because other people will need it.

We've previously received a Booking Form for last day cabins sometime during the cruise. I think it may have come with the Disembarkation Info or a bit before - sorry can't remember exactly. You fill out the form and take it to Reception. It says it's on a first come first served basis, so you could always ask at Reception early in your cruise, and see if you can reserve one then. I've never used this so sorry I can't be more specific.

In answer to the query about luggage weight - its weighed going out but not on the return. I have seen them a few times being very strict with weight going out, and they especially weigh hand luggage. So I wouldn't worry if you're a little bit over on the homeward journey though.

Hi we have done the Caribbean a fair few times always in and out of Barbados we have never done the farewell trip for a few reasons:

We like the last day on board as everyone else is off ship so it's nice a quiet

If the flight is delayed they keep you on board until they know the flight has arrived or is going to arrive shortly

The farewell trip drops you at the airport so if there is a delay you are stuck at the airport and it's not the most comfortable of airports quite small and nothing to do or see

Hope this helps

Staying onboard on the last day sounds ok to me.Just like to ask a couple of questions,if your transfer is at four pm are you allowed to leave the ship say after breakfast and permited to get back onboard at say two pm.,also if your ship board account is stopped at a certain time do you have to purchase drinks and food with cash.As I have stated I have always left the ship after breakfast and stayed at a hotel so all this is new to me.

Yes you can leave the ship and return later. Your card is not cancelled but your final bill stops at midnight (I think). Any further spend is still on your card but will appear on a separate bill. Also you can shower in the spa area where towels are provided - not very private but does freshen you up.