Monarch Airlines

Hopefully nobody is on a cruise only deal using Monarch for flights. :(

The asset stripping vultures are gathering already.

A few months ago O'Leary (Mr.Ryanair) forecast that Monarch wouldn't make it through the winter - not that his airline is in any position to criticise others, based on recent widespread flight cancellations due to mismanagement.

Hopefully nobody is on a cruise only deal using Monarch for flights. :(

The asset stripping vultures are gathering already.

A few months ago O'Leary (Mr.Ryanair) forecast that Monarch wouldn't make it through the winter - not that his airline is in any position to criticise others, based on recent widespread flight cancellations due to mismanagement.

Worryingly we are booked with Monarch back from the UK next May. Wish we knew for sure what is happening so we could make alternative arrangements before other airline prices increase.

Doubtful if there will be a Monarch airline, as is, Campolady.

Even if some form of rescue deal emerges it is unlikely to save them except in the short term - confidence is everything in this scenario, and I can't see too many people wanting to book with an airline whose future viability is questionable.

I mind when Globespan went down, that was a big loss as they had good flight options from up here - and they were trading profitably.

Doubtful if there will be a Monarch airline, as is, Campolady.

Even if some form of rescue deal emerges it is unlikely to save them except in the short term - confidence is everything in this scenario, and I can't see too many people wanting to book with an airline whose future viability is questionable.

I mind when Globespan went down, that was a big loss as they had good flight options from up here - and they were trading profitably.

Well you were right WeeCountyMan!

Luckily we have managed to get well priced flights with EasyJet this morning for the same day, a similar price and actually a better time.

Nice one Campolady, that'll have settled your mind for May, no doubt.

My good amigo from Cheshire flew out to Gibraltar with Monarch a few days ago, I believe they were due to return today, perhaps tomorrow.

I can't raise him on the 'phone - this will be his fourth drama with airlines in a relatively short timescale..............2 x package holiday delays over six hours, both fully recompensed, a more recent hold up with a well known budget airline who are playing hardball over compensation, and now this Monarch debacle.