Cruising with IV fluids

Else

We are planning to cruise with IV fluids . We have done so in the past and we usually travel with several coolers. Since we are coming to the port a day prior we have an issue keeping the IV fluids cool for more then a day. Contacted carnival to see if we could get boarded more quickly and got a generic response back of telling me nothing other then I can purchase to get boarded faster for $49.95.

Never heard you could purchase that kind of service. by their response to my request they really had not read my request.

Not impressed.

We are planning to cruise with IV fluids . We have done so in the past and we usually travel with several coolers. Since we are coming to the port a day prior we have an issue keeping the IV fluids cool for more then a day. Contacted carnival to see if we could get boarded more quickly and got a generic response back of telling me nothing other then I can purchase to get boarded faster for $49.95.

Never heard you could purchase that kind of service. by their response to my request they really had not read my request.

Not impressed.

Actually think that by responding you can purchase early boarding your request was read by Carnival. The program is called "Faster to the Fun" . Here is the link for details http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/101031 .

Not certain what type of cooling agent you plan to use ..... ice or freezer packs. Regardless can't you obtain some ice to hold you over if you do not want to do the Faster to Fun program ? Getting ice should be easy if staying at a hotel.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Yes I can get ice. But I am also traveling with almost 40 liters of fluids and dragging it and with a ton of ice makes it even harder.

Yes they offered the service which honestly I did not know was even available. We got one of the last ones.

Selling you the opportunity to get on board a bit earlier was harsh, but the key thing is getting into your room where are appropriate refrigerator should up installed, running for a long time so it is really cool and putting your stuff away.

If your room is not ready for you, your money and effort have been wasted.

We usually give the meds to guest services to store since the room or portable fridges will not handle it. In the past we travelled on the Glory and they ere very good about it. Never been on the splendor.

I did contact special needs It was their generic response.Now it's yep you can purchase faster on board thing and here are the rules. Still waiting for a response. Sadly my son will want to go cruising on his own with his girlfriend ones he is 21 and if the fact is that they are like that I will be looking at other cruise lines who are more friendly with special needs. Their loss and I guess one less traveller is not going to matter to them anyhow

Not impressed.

I would call them. I have traveled while on IV fluids, but not on a cruise ship. I know refrigeration is key. Some ships have small refrigerators in the staterooms, but they don't keep things really all that cool and they are way too small. Good luck and I hope it works out and you are able to sail on the ship you want.

Edited by Cairnmom

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you and for most people ,it is hard to understand the fact it needs to stay cool and its not that simple a task. Sadly I am still waiting for a response from Carnival and have gotten nothing back. Truly not impressed. Hopefully the cruise me will be good.

• 1 month later...

Well we are just back. It was interesting Faster to the fun got us on quickly on, no problem. But ones we went to guest services, we were brought down to the medical office to have them store the IV fluids. Well they were not prepared have two fridges pretty much designated to their own meds and it was a struggle to get it all in . I found out guest services that does have enough room for this cannot store medication anymore anew rules from Head Office. I would have thought they would have made then better arrangement and let them know we were coming. I do find that when it comes to medical needs they have gotten way worse. The first response from them was not adequate and they never replied to my next email. As much as the cruise was fine this is a real issue since clearly they really do not care. Time to look at other cruise lines.

• 5 years later...
Was there any issues taking iv fluids onto the ship, I'm planning a cruise in Feb, but mine dont need to be refrigerated. I'll travelling on royal Caribbean and it's my first cruise

This thread is 5 years old.

More importantly, the original post is emphasizing keeping the fluids cold, which you state is NOT a concern for you.

If you want to get help with your particular issue(s), you'll do well to start a new thread and describe your own situation.

GC