New to MSC on Grandiosa's first sailing!

Markanddonna

We just booked the Nov 24, 2019 sailing on MSC RT from Rome. As reasonably experienced American travelers to Europe, we are not expecting a huge shock but wondered if you could predict what challenges we may have. Here is what I am anticipating:

- possibly some organizational issues since it is a new ship (Grandiosa)

- more Europeans (I rather like that)

- some crew members with more limited English

Is there anything else we haven't considered?

- possibly some organizational issues since it is a new ship (Grandiosa)

Nobody knows since the ship is still under construction. The christening of MSC Grandiosa is scheduled for Nov 11, 2019 in Hamburg. You are on one of the first cruises. Looking back cruise lines staff new ships with experienced senior crew members in addition to new crew members. In general every cruise line is interested in a smooth start and good publicity & reviews of a new ship. I would not worry about. It's the opposite... I like the "new ship smell" :D

I was on the second sailing of the MSC Seaview. I had some concerns about being on a brand new ship, but was also very excited about it as well. The Seaview was delayed so some people on the first cruise were effected, but from what I read MSC took great length to take care of them. There was a few minor tech issues but there was nothing that bad or disturbing. As for new crew, MSC learned a lot with the introduction of the Seaside, and now move experienced crew onto the new ships in a better way. I loved the multicultural mix of passengers and I never has any issue with language barrier with crew.

The ship was beautiful and new and showed it well. There were a few spots that you can see where it was rushed but that is normal. A great experience for sure!