Norwegian Bliss - Process for Using Racetrack - WHAT is IT?

For those of you who have been on the Bliss and used the racetrack:

What is the process to ride?

How much is it?

What does that cost cover?

Can you just show up at the track to ride?

How long is the wait in line usually?

Do you make reservations?

If so, how is that done?

For those of you who may not have been on the Bliss but have researched, please cut and paste links if the answers to these questions are within the link.

For those of you who have been on the Bliss and used the racetrack:

What is the process to ride?

How much is it?

What does that cost cover?

Can you just show up at the track to ride?

How long is the wait in line usually?

Do you make reservations?

If so, how is that done?

For those of you who may not have been on the Bliss but have researched, please cut and paste links if the answers to these questions are within the link.

Make a reservation with one of the touchscreens. Suggest doing this when you first board.

It is $10

You do about 8 laps

Cannot just show up

No real wait because like I mentioned earlier you need a reservation but there will be a little waiting while you watch a safety video and then for the group in front of you to finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for this information. Do you know if passengers can reserve ahead of time online before boarding also?

Make a reservation with one of the touchscreens. Suggest doing this when you first board.

It is $10

You do about 8 laps

Cannot just show up

No real wait because like I mentioned earlier you need a reservation but there will be a little waiting while you watch a safety video and then for the group in front of you to finish.

You can only reserve once you get onboard, cannot be booked before hand.
I am one the Bliss now and had our first races today. Like they said above book early. First stop is Check in. We waited maybe 15mins there. We then got let in to sit for maybe 5-10 minutes. From there we got lined up behind the group in front of us who were the last two person carts. Once they moved they asked for are cards again and assigned us our cars and hot out head covering. From there a 5 min briefing and finally after the other cars pitted we were let in. Start the race as soon as everyone was in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

It is $10

You do about 8 laps

Cannot just show up

A couple not quite correct answers here.

People have reported just showing up and being able to ride. That being said, I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Even with a reservation, we had about a 15-minute wait to check in, and then a long wait for a number of groups ahead of us. It was a total of 90 minutes between the start of our reservation time and when we got to sit in our cars (and still another 10 minutes before we could race).

A couple not quite correct answers here.

People have reported just showing up and being able to ride. That being said, I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Even with a reservation, we had about a 15-minute wait to check in, and then a long wait for a number of groups ahead of us. It was a total of 90 minutes between the start of our reservation time and when we got to sit in our cars (and still another 10 minutes before we could race).

The answers I posted were not incorrect. It was exactly how it was for my cruise this past week. As far as just showing up without a reservation, well... imagine what their wait would be like if you had a reservation and still had to wait 90+ minutes. So if the only part of my answer that was “incorrect” was the part about reservations required then I apologize. It’s just like a restaurant that says reservations required. They say that because they know they are usually fully booked. But if you happen to show up without a reservation and someone happens to not show up for their reservation then sure, they will let you ride.

The answers I posted were not incorrect. It was exactly how it was for my cruise this past week. As far as just showing up without a reservation, well... imagine what their wait would be like if you had a reservation and still had to wait 90+ minutes. So if the only part of my answer that was “incorrect” was the part about reservations required then I apologize. It’s just like a restaurant that says reservations required. They say that because they know they are usually fully booked. But if you happen to show up without a reservation and someone happens to not show up for their reservation then sure, they will let you ride.

I don't know why you feel the need to get defensive. But so long as you felt the need, then I'll say the fact of the matter is you were 100% wrong based on other peoples reports when you wrote this: "Cannot just show up". You say "It was exactly how it was for my cruise this past week. " How many times did you try to "just show up" and get turned away?

You made a very specific statement that was wrong. You made that statement, I didn't. I corrected it so that readers had the right information. So be it, move on.

We attempted to book go kart rides last week starting on Sunday and all slots were taken (my kids are smaller, so we needed the two seaters). We kept checking multiple times a day and eventually got lucky when a slot opened up later in the week.

While it might be possible to walk up and get on if someone else is a no-show, that is a poor strategy for guaranteeing a ride. There is a greater demand than supply for the go karts.

While it might be possible to walk up and get on if someone else is a no-show, that is a poor strategy for guaranteeing a ride. There is a greater demand than supply for the go karts.
I agree 100% and in fact I wrote that I wouldn't recommend just showing up.

We attempted to book go kart rides last week starting on Sunday and all slots were taken (my kids are smaller, so we needed the two seaters). We kept checking multiple times a day and eventually got lucky when a slot opened up later in the week./QUOTE]

How big do kids have to be to ride alone?

I don't know why you feel the need to get defensive. But so long as you felt the need, then I'll say the fact of the matter is you were 100% wrong based on other peoples reports when you wrote this: "Cannot just show up". You say "It was exactly how it was for my cruise this past week. " How many times did you try to "just show up" and get turned away?

You made a very specific statement that was wrong. You made that statement, I didn't. I corrected it so that readers had the right information. So be it, move on.

What you perceive as being defensive (although I find nothing wrong with that) is actually me trying to find out what you thought was incorrect. You mentioned I had a couple incorrect statements. One of which I guessed was being able to ride without a reservation. And now upon re-reading your original post I’m guessing the other was about wait time? Like I said...everything I posted was 100% correct from my sailing that I just disembarked in Saturday. There were many unhappy people who did not get to ride because they did not have a reservation of which all filled up after the first day. One can extrapolate from that, that there would be no walk ups because all spots were taken. Again with the caveat that if someone did not show up for their reservation that they might have space for a walk up. As far as the wait time... my experience was different than yours. Does not make it incorrect.

We attempted to book go kart rides last week starting on Sunday and all slots were taken (my kids are smaller, so we needed the two seaters). We kept checking multiple times a day and eventually got lucky when a slot opened up later in the week./QUOTE]

I'm not sure of the exact height needed. I have a shorter than average 9 year old boy and a MUCH taller than average 7 year old girl, and they didn't quite make the minimum height requirement. I'd guess maybe 50 or 52 inches?

Kids have to be either 55or 58 inches to ride alone. My son is 49 inches and his feet did not reach anywhere near the pedals

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

If I may ask, what time did you board and then make your reservation(s)? How many reservations were you allowed to make at once? Were all of your choices available?

It is $10

You do about 8 laps

Cannot just show up

If I may ask, what time did you board and then make your reservation(s)? How many reservations were you allowed to make at once? Were all of your choices available?

I made my reservations around 2:00 I think. And it looked like all/most time slots were available.

• 5 months later...