Model of Pacific Sun

Rolls

Hi

Can anyone tell me if they have the same little model of the Pacific Sun on board as they do of the Pacific Sky?

I have one of the Pacific Sky at home and it's nice to look up at it now and then and remember all the good times I've had on it.

I am leaving on the Pacific Sun on 31 August, a cruise around Queensland, and was hoping that a model would be available to buy on board.:)

Thanks

Rolls.

Yes, they have a model of Pacific Sun for sale on board, however the quality is nowhere near as good as the Pacific Sky one (if the one you have is similar to the one we have).

It's a slightly smaller scale, and the painting is not very good.

In general Pacific Sky had a much better range of souveniers than Pacific Sun did.

Thanks for that.

The one I have of the Pacific Sky is good. I have noticed at night, if I have a light on near the model, it looks like the decks are all lit up with little lights.

I waited until almost the end of the cruise to bye it last time, as the time before I was on board I noticed they sold them at half price on the last two days of the cruise. (Which they did agian).

I'll bye one of the Pacific Sun as well, even if is not as good as the Sky.

One other thing you maybe able to help with. I'm in a twin room, outside cabin on the Empress Deck. I have two different plans for the room. Are the beds side-by-side, head and tail, or is one under the window and one along the wall?

Thanks again

Rolls

Rolls,

We were in an inside twin cabin on Riviera Deck, and the lay out was an L shape with one bed against the wall (if it was an outdise cabin it would have been under the window) and one was along the wall, with the head of the bed against the wall of the bathroom.

But I think it really depends how they set them up on the day. Most of the twin cabins on Sun appeared to be convertible to Queen - so the beds aren't actually fixed, as to make a queen room they simply push the two twin beds together and make them up with queen size linen.

Kym

Thanks for that.

The one I have of the Pacific Sky is good. I have noticed at night, if I have a light on near the model, it looks like the decks are all lit up with little lights.

I waited until almost the end of the cruise to bye it last time, as the time before I was on board I noticed they sold them at half price on the last two days of the cruise. (Which they did agian).

I'll bye one of the Pacific Sun as well, even if is not as good as the Sky.

One other thing you maybe able to help with. I'm in a twin room, outside cabin on the Empress Deck. I have two different plans for the room. Are the beds side-by-side, head and tail, or is one under the window and one along the wall?

Thanks again

Rolls

Karon,

They have the usual range of souveniers; fridge magnets, mugs, shirts (although not as good a range as on Pacific Sky), pens, post cards etc. They do have a nice range of T-shirts for the Ports of Call, which are worth looking at. There isn't much in the way of stuff for kids.

Also, they didn't have as much in the way of specials on Pacific Sun. When we went on Sky we picked up two polo shirts for the price of one in one sale, eahc day they had a special on something. On Sun this didn't happen.

Kym

can i chime in and ask what other soveniers are sold on board with pacific sun logo on them?

thanks karon

Thanks Kym

I picked up a couple of bathroom robes on the Pacific Sky last time I went. They are excellent and easy to wash. I think they were around A$50 each, but once again, towards the end of the cruise they had a special 2 for A$60.

Thanks for the info about (no specails) on the Pacific Sun. I'll keep that in mind.

Regards

Roland:)

Archived