Eco Beach Hotel

Hal Bennett

A few years ago DW and I cruised to Cozumel on an NCL Ship. I found on line a day package at an Eco Beach Hotel. It included drinks and lunch on a very secluded beach. The hotel arranged a cab to pick us up from the port. The hotel was rather small and about twenty minutes from the port. We had an excellent time and the hotel took a very limited amount of cruise passengers. Most of the people at the hotel were staying there. I for the life of me can't remember the name of the hotel. If anyone can give me the name of the hotel I would certainly appreciate it. I would love to book a day there on our cruise in March.

Thanks

A few years ago DW and I cruised to Cozumel on an NCL Ship. I found on line a day package at an Eco Beach Hotel. It included drinks and lunch on a very secluded beach. The hotel arranged a cab to pick us up from the port. The hotel was rather small and about twenty minutes from the port. We had an excellent time and the hotel took a very limited amount of cruise passengers. Most of the people at the hotel were staying there. I for the life of me can't remember the name of the hotel. If anyone can give me the name of the hotel I would certainly appreciate it. I would love to book a day there on our cruise in March.

Thanks

Do you have any idea how long ago or what direction the hotel was?

Only eco hotel I can think of is Ventanas on the east side and I doubt that they take cruisers.

Did you get transport there and back easily?

Hotel B to the north calls itself a boutique hotel, don’t know about eco.

I think it was about four years ago. I booked the location on line and they set up the taxi. The Taxi picked us up across from a pharmacy just past the port shopping area. We drove south about twenty minutes then turned onto a dirt road to the hotel. I walked abut ten minutes north and south of the hotel and never saw another building. The hotel was on the west side of the island. Most of the other guests were from Europe and no one else was on a cruise ship. The taxi took us back to the ship. Wish I could locate the place, sure would like to go back.

Thanks

It sounds like Almaplena Eco Beach Resort in Costa Maya (not Cozumel).

It sounds like Almaplena Eco Beach Resort in Costa Maya (not Cozumel).

Sounds a more likely possibility! south on Cozumel would take you to all the regular beach clubs, not sure you could walk far without seeing something else.

Costa Maya is on the coast of the mainland, not an island so you would be west facing. Only problem to check out at the moment, if this is the right location, is the sargassum problem, depending on how soon your visit is.