Russia River Cruise Avalon Anastasia

helene123

I'm considering booking a cruise on this ship for May 2006. Anyone know anything about it? The Anastasia is supposed to be rebuilt for 2006, and the cruise line sounds good. Also the price is good. Found a good rae with *****.com

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We are planning our Russian River cruise fro next fall. We have been on two Amadeus Waterways cruises before and every cruise was just exeptional. What made us interested in Russia was their newly renovated ship there - the Ms Tolstoy. The ship was originally built for the Russian government to host high ranking Kremlin dignitaries and their foreign guests. The cabins are about 20% bigger than on other ships (according to the brochure) and the Tolstoy is still one of most luxurious ships on the Russian Waterways ladden with recent history and intriguing stories. We made all our reservations through UET, an on-line tour operator at www.uet.com and always got best treatment and a very good deal.

• 4 weeks later...

Good moring Helene,

Are you still considdering the cruise to Russia? The MS Anastasia will make its first cruise on June 1st from St. Petersburg. The Christening of the ship will be just 5 days before.

(As for me, I will probably be the Cruise Director on the Ms. Anastasia)

• 1 month later...

carrier65,

I´m sorry to disappoint you but Avalon (part of Globus) has cancelled the 2006 season of the Anastasia due to problems finishing the refurbishing (because of cold weather in Russia the refurbishing will be delayed). For more information read:

http://www.modernagent.com/x/modernagent/visitor/resources/editorial.cds?n=9754

steamboats

Archived