4-nighter on Brilliance - what to expect?

Alsmez

Hello Royal Enthusiasts! DH (44) and I (41) are experienced cruisers but generally choose 7+ night sailings on Celebrity Solstice class ships. Some friends from college have floated the idea of doing a 4-nighter on Brilliance in February, though, so we're doing some preliminary research to see what we might expect! When it's just the two of us, we choose longer sailings on X to avoid the party crowd and too many children, both of which I'm sure will be unavoidable on a short cruise over a holiday weekend. Is it likely that this will be nothing but a booze cruise? We will be with a group who likes to party, so at least that's something!

For those who have cruised X Solstice class ships, how does Brilliance compare? I would appreciate any insight you can offer - thanks in advance for your responses!

• 2 weeks later...

We did a B2B on a 5 and 4 nighter on Brilliance this past Jan, night and day difference. The 4 night was on MLK weekend, very much a party booze cruise. Still manageable, but lots of first time cruisers! This can work to your advantage as they don't know how things work or tips/tricks!

Our Thanksgiving cruise will be our first RC cruise so I can't speak about Brilliance, but I think it's what you make of it. We've always heard that carnival cruises are booze cruises, but my husband and i (mid 40s) and have been perfectly happy on those cruises. Granted, we don't tend to hang out in the pool area of the ship so that may be where the partying is, but weve enjoyed quiet evenings on deck, the piano bar, comedy shows, cruise activities without dealing with a lot of drunk antics. I think it's all what you make of it!