Using multiple cruise next certificates

amydandrea

I have an extra Cruise Next certificate that expires soon that I don't think I will use since I already have done a final payment on a cruise (used 1 of my Cruise Next certificates for the deposit). What happens if I don't end up using all my Cruise Next certificates by the deadline? Do you think I can use it for OBC for my next cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There was never an offer saying that two deposits could be used on a Caribbean sailing in April 2017. The most recent offer for non-European sailings was for cruises booked and sailed by March 31, 2017.

I've seen on this thread some were able to use 2 rewards on non European sailings and after the 3/31/17, deadline. That's the reason why I tried. The ones that it worked for, got lucky.

Hoping it would work for us, because I'm not a big fan of NCL any longer only cruising to use our rewards that we bought on our past cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by setsail1975

Many of us have been able to use two for non-Europe sailings after the March 2017 window, but I've wondered if that was a mistake on NCL's part since there was no promotion that allowed that. Whether a mistake or not, sounds like they're cracking down on it. Glad I got two applied to my Alaska cruise in June. :D

Your post is what was giving me hope. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us:(

I have an extra Cruise Next certificate that expires soon that I don't think I will use since I already have done a final payment on a cruise (used 1 of my Cruise Next certificates for the deposit). What happens if I don't end up using all my Cruise Next certificates by the deadline? Do you think I can use it for OBC for my next cruise?

I haven't heard of anyone being able to convert a certificate to OBC. You can transfer the certificate to another person. Some people sell them on eBay. Some people sell them here. Just don't take the rock-bottom prices some will try to suggest. It's worth $250 to the user!

STILL DOABLE as of 11/20

**11/10/16 Aboard Dawn Boston/NOLA Repo-- purchased 2 x $250 CruiseNext certificates for $250. Booked 11/2017 Boston-San Juan Repo simultaneously, using ONE of the $250 certificates as deposit (was told that satisfied full deposit, eliminating requirement of $500 deposit due by 11/20/16). I had read about the 2fer certificate option expiring March 2017, so I didn't even inquire then about using both, but agent didn't raise the possibility either.

**11/20 (Today) After reading this thread, went to MyNCL Account, 'Make a Payment' [entered $250 as Other Amount] and there was my second coupon in the drop-down payment box available for redemption. Received email confirmation showing it had been applied & displayed the correct adjusted balance within ten minutes.

Keep trying if you have one to burn.

STILL DOABLE as of 11/20

**11/10/16 Aboard Dawn Boston/NOLA Repo-- purchased 2 x $250 CruiseNext certificates for $250. Booked 11/2017 Boston-San Juan Repo simultaneously, using ONE of the $250 certificates as deposit (was told that satisfied full deposit, eliminating requirement of $500 deposit due by 11/20/16). I had read about the 2fer certificate option expiring March 2017, so I didn't even inquire then about using both, but agent didn't raise the possibility either.

**11/20 (Today) After reading this thread, went to MyNCL Account, 'Make a Payment' [entered $250 as Other Amount] and there was my second coupon in the drop-down payment box available for redemption. Received email confirmation showing it had been applied & displayed the correct adjusted balance within ten minutes.

Keep trying if you have one to burn.

Did it end up working? I tried today and it said payment was received but would take an hour to receive a confirmation email. So here's to waiting [emoji51]