Excursions in Jamaica - tour company - looking for reviews

Jewells of the Sea

Has anyone used Excursions in Jamaica for a privately booked excursion? They are ranked highly on TripAdvisor. We are stopping at Falmouth on our March 2018 cruise and looking to book an excursion to Blue Hole and river tubing. We are a group of 15 and are looking to book on our own rather than through RCCL. Thanks in advance!

I haven't used Excursions but we used libertytoursjamaica.com twice and would use them again in a heartbeat. Ricardo was our first tour guide and we were a large group too. They did an excellent job from start to finish. We found them thru Trip Advisor as well and I would high recommend them. Hope you guys have a great trip!

FWIW - I've tried to contact liberty tours twice in the past couple of weeks and have not received any replies from them. I was trying to book their Blue Hole/River Tubing excursion. They get great reviews, but the lack of communication is troublesome to me. Perhaps they don't have space available, but to not respond is a little unprofessional IMO.

Sorry....I'm just reading this. That surprises me because both times we've used them they were so quick to respond and the communication was excellent thru the entire process.

I decided to give it another try, but this time, rather than using the "Contact Us" section on the website, I used the email addresses listed directly on the site. I did receive a quick reply using that method, so perhaps the email server parsing the contact form is not configured correctly.

I'm looking forward to the tour, given everyone's glowing recommendations!! :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
I decided to give it another try, but this time, rather than using the "Contact Us" section on the website, I used the email addresses listed directly on the site. I did receive a quick reply using that method, so perhaps the email server parsing the contact form is not configured correctly.

I'm looking forward to the tour, given everyone's glowing recommendations!! :D

Did you end up using Liberty Tours and do you recommend? I have them booked for next month and just double checking! Thanks!!! Hope you had a great trip!

• 7 months later...
On 1/10/2018 at 5:47 AM, Jewells of the Sea said:

Has anyone used Excursions in Jamaica for a privately booked excursion? They are ranked highly on TripAdvisor. We are stopping at Falmouth on our March 2018 cruise and looking to book an excursion to Blue Hole and river tubing. We are a group of 15 and are looking to book on our own rather than through RCCL. Thanks in advance!

Hi. I was just wondering if you went ahead and did your excursion through this company and if it was as good as it says. We are a group wanting to do one from them in Ohco Rios, but they expect us to be off the boat and ready for them within 45 minutes of docking, so it worries us. Thanks for any help.

We did use the company and there were good and bad parts.  They were easy to find and we got in the van fairly quickly.  We had thought we were going to be the only ones in the van, but there ended up being another 4 or 5 people with us.  The drive to Blue Hole was really long.  We had a good time there, but it was crowded.  We had more fun river tubing, but it wasn't a very long tubing ride and it took forever to get there. We had to wait for tubes to show up and there was very little food to have.  We didn't ask them to include lunch so we were starving when we arrived at tubing.  They had a small shop with chips and beer.  The ride back to the ship was even longer than the ride from the ship and we arrived about 2 hours later than we were supposed to.  I would never do an excursion like this from Falmouth because it is too far away and the traffic is bad.  I do feel the excursion company should have been aware of this and not told us it was a 5 hour tour when it took 7.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2019 at 9:36 AM, Jewells of the Sea said:

We did use the company and there were good and bad parts.  They were easy to find and we got in the van fairly quickly.  We had thought we were going to be the only ones in the van, but there ended up being another 4 or 5 people with us.  The drive to Blue Hole was really long.  We had a good time there, but it was crowded.  We had more fun river tubing, but it wasn't a very long tubing ride and it took forever to get there. We had to wait for tubes to show up and there was very little food to have.  We didn't ask them to include lunch so we were starving when we arrived at tubing.  They had a small shop with chips and beer.  The ride back to the ship was even longer than the ride from the ship and we arrived about 2 hours later than we were supposed to.  I would never do an excursion like this from Falmouth because it is too far away and the traffic is bad.  I do feel the excursion company should have been aware of this and not told us it was a 5 hour tour when it took 7.  

Thank you for coming back to post and your review!  I'm really disappointed in what I'm finding out about Dunns River Falls and Blue Hole because pictures are so beautiful.  But between seeing YouTube videos with mobs of people and your thoughts on the the length of time getting there and back ~  it's valuable information and confirms my decision.  I might have been able to cope ~ my husband would've been miserable lol.

Think we're going with a resort-for-a-day pass  (Runaway Bay bc we have kids) ~ close and worth it for the all-inclusive perks.