Park & cruise hotel in long beach???

ginagirl

Hotel Maya (a Doubletree Property) has a Park-n-Cruise package.

Try 0560018220 in the Corporate Account box for a possible Carnival $99 discount rate. (may have to drop the first 0)

Should include 7 days free parking and shuttle to terminal.

Right next to Queen Mary & Cruise Terminal.

http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/LGBMYDT-Hotel-Maya-a-DoubleTree-by-Hilton-Hotel-California/index.do

I truly appreciate your kind and informative response. I may be wrong, but aren't Corporate Accounts to be used by Corporate Employees only? I had originally inquired at Doubletree 800 number about the Park and Cruise Package at the Hotel Maya and was told it was $274 for staying one night prior to the cruise. So, if I use the corporate number you forwarded to me, I will get that great price? And will I, not being a Carnival Employee, be entitled to that great rate? I could just see DH's face if they ask for my Employee ID upon checkin.:eek: Please clarify this concern and I will be most grateful to you.:)

It's my understanding the number is good for Carnival passengers.

Click the link provided, select your travel date in the "Check Availability" box. Click GO.

On the next page, under "Special Accounts" enter the number into the Corporate Account box and click continue.

I just did a mock booking for Nov. 19, 2011 and the Park-n-Cruise rate came up at $99. You can upgrade if you like.

Not sure when your traveling, so try it. Sooner is better as I believe they sell out these rates.

You'll receive an e-mail confirmation that'll show $15 per day self parking. Call and confirm the "Carnival Cruise Rate".

I booked for Oct. 29, 2011, pre-cruise stay, last month. I called a week later to confirm the reservation, free parking and shuttle.

Make sure you mention the code number and Carnival rate. :)

Try a search for Hotel Maya and there will be several threads about this.

Hope this helps.

we were happy enough with the Best Western...modest hotel and not so costly package. the car storage was underground garage...

I've got to jump in here...

My thought is that if someone is "happy enough" with the Best Western Long Beach, then they are all too easily satisfied...

This is the Best Western at Long Beach Blvd. and Pacific Coast Highway...

It is just not a great location and not a good area...You are resigned to staying in a noisy, high traffic area surrounded by auto body shops, strip retail and fast food...not clean, not attractive...nowhere you would walk, nowhere you would eat...

The Maya Doubletree is in a far superior location...on the water, virtually adjacent to the Queen Mary and, just a little farther down, the Carnival terminal...It's a short trip across the bridge to the main tourist area of Long Beach--lots of restaurants to choose from, nice shopping, pleasant areas to stroll...and the Aquarium of the Pacific...and all served by a free shuttle service--the Passport...

And, it's just a flat out nicer and classier hotel...

If you are choosing from "Park and Stay" alternatives, friends, this is a no contest...If you are not parking a car, try Priceline, 3.5 stars, Downtown only...and you may get the Hyatt, Westin or Renaissance--which are even nicer and better located...

But, by no means SETTLE for the Best Western on Long Beach Blvd. It is NOT "nice enough"...unless, perhaps, you don't really care where you stay...

JMHO...

we have used the hotel current twice as park & sail. once as a couple and once as a group of 14. worked great for both groups. it is in a neighborrhood that is nice and feels safe. it is about a 15-20 minutue shuttle ride to the carnival terminal. free shuttle, nice breakfast, great pool area. when we were there last may (2010) they were just finishing switching over from the old name to the hotel current. most rooms had been remodeled and it was nicer than the first time we stayed. i felt safe to leave our car there for the week. lost of restaurants within a 5 minute drive. f.y.i- you sign up the night before for the shuttle time you wnat for the next day so make sure you sign up as early as possible to get thw time you want. the shuttle is a van so the populare time fill up fast. we chose to relax by the great pool at the hotel until 1:30. we watched all the other shuttle cram full while we relaxed. we hopped on the 1:30 no problems. when we got the the port we had very little wait time, breezed right on the ship. there a lots of pics of the hotel current on trip advisor. check it out. it is right on the pacific coast hwy. but are rooms were quiet. it is worth a look. we will def. use it on our next cruise out of long beach.

we have used the hotel current twice...

Since this one comes up quite often as well, let me add my two cents in on the Hotel Current...

Again, Long Beach is a BIG city...

The Current is clear on the other end of Long Beach from the port area...

It is not a terrible neighborhood...it's more of a standard residential area with a lot of tract houses...very near California State University Long Beach and adjacent to a golf course...

It is not near the beach at all...Pacific Coast Highway, which runs right along the coast further north in the Malibu/Santa Monica area, when you get to Long Beach, it's just a major commericial street running a few miles from the coast...Unlike the section where the Best Western Long Beach is (ugly retail/car repair/fast food), here it is fairly empty for stretches--backing to houses and the golf course--but still, a major thoroughfare...

Yes, you will find an assortment of Restaurants--if you drive two or three miles down to the Marina/Belmont Shore area...but, it is not the convenient, attractive, walkable location that the Convention Center area is...AND you are quite a distance from the port...

Nothing wrong with the "hotel" (more of a motel), but it is not as attractive and upscale as many of the properties in the Convention Center area...and that's a LONG shuttle ride from the hotel to the pier and back from the pier to the hotel...Perhaps you are happy waiting at the hotel for an available shuttle, but, remember, you'll wait outside the cruise terminal for your return shuttle...

Again, All things being equal, I'd much rather stay at the Maya...And, again, with no car, take a stab at getting the Hyatt, Westin or Renaissance on Priceline...It's First Class hotels versus an "average" motel...

JMHO...

We will be cruising out of Long Beach and was hoping for some good suggestions on hotels there that offer Park & Cruise packages. Thanx so much for any feedback given to us.:)

Hyatt Regency Long Beach has a park and cruise package that we are considering for our June cruise....

Click the link provided, select your travel date in the "Check Availability" box. Click GO.

On the next page, under "Special Accounts" enter the number into the Corporate Account box and click continue.

I just did a mock booking for Nov. 19, 2011 and the Park-n-Cruise rate came up at $99. You can upgrade if you like.

Not sure when your traveling, so try it. Sooner is better as I believe they sell out these rates.

You'll receive an e-mail confirmation that'll show $15 per day self parking. Call and confirm the "Carnival Cruise Rate".

I booked for Oct. 29, 2011, pre-cruise stay, last month. I called a week later to confirm the reservation, free parking and shuttle.

Hope this helps.

I have read on here that a group ended up flying in and still did the park/cruise just because they enjoyed the hotel so much.

Kat

We did the cruise and snooze at hotel current last week. It cost about 133.00. Parked the car at the back of the hotel. There isn't an elevator to the upstair rooms. Breakfast was make your own waffles, toast, bananas and coffee. The 11.00 am shuttle was full and we had to wait for the 12.00 pm. We took a cab back that the hotel paid for since the shuttle was full again. There is a liquor store and 7 eleven within walking distance. I would do it again but would have tried to reserve a ground floor room and earlier shuttle.

• 1 month later...

Followed your directions to the dot and worked like a charm :)

Thanks Durangler !!!

Hope this helps.

Archived