Questions about Belize Zoo Tour w/Carnival

msuweather

I posted this on the Belize board but no one has responded to any of the questions. Sorry to post here as well, but was hoping someone could answer since this board has a lot more visitors.

If posting here is not allowed, feel free to delete.

Appreciate any feedback!

__________________________________________________________________________________

I'm looking for some feedback from anyone who has taken the Belize Zoo tour.

The trip will be me, my husband, and our 15 month old. We thought he might enjoy seeing the animals at the wildlife sanctuary. Is the tour stroller friendly? About how long do you stay at the zoo? Do you eat lunch at the zoo or do you wait until you return to dock?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. We have narrowed our day down to either this or going to Starfish Island.

TIA!

My wife and I went to there 4 years ago. We went by ourselves by cab though, not through Carnival. We saw the group with Carnival while there though. The paths aren't as large as you would picture at a zoo in the US, but I don't think there would be an issue with a stroller. I'm not sure if they would have strollers there for you though or how hauling one on the bus would work. It was about a 30 minute drive there if I remember correctly. We did not eat at the zoo. I honestly don't even remember looking for somewhere to eat. I will say that my wife and I absolutely loved the zoo. How close you can be to the animals, and walking around the paths in what feels like a jungle was right up our alley. You could also pay extra to get in to the jaguar cage. We didn't do it ourselves, but watched others do it. Watching this giant ferocious jungle animal turn into basically a cuddly house cat was amazing. Wish I could help you more with specifically the carnival tour though.

We did the zoo last week. You can push a stroller on the trails. There is a small snack bar at the end of the tour. Bring water because the temp will be in the high 80's. All the animals are native. We did a river tour before the zoo and a lunch was included. Chicken, beans and rice . Saw monkeys, crocs and manatees from the boat.