What to do with luggage in NOLA for a day post cruise?

stitchcreek

We used this service:

http://www.advancecheckin.com/

We dropped our bags off after we got off the boat (paid cash) and then picked up our bags at the airport near baggage claim. It worked very well, we spent the day at the World War II museum and then took a cab to the airport. Our flight was at 6PM and I think we had to be at the airport to pick up our bags by 3PM or so.

We didn't reserve ahead of time. We were approached by a person soon after getting our luggage. We followed them to where they take the luggage and paid. We had thought about just having them store our luggage for the day but they have to leave fairly early to take the luggage to the airport (1PM or so) so we just had them take our luggage to the airport.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Does anyone know if this company can still be used for UK airlines?

I went to complete their form, but I couldn’t enter my address properly as it’s in the UK, then you have to select an airline and there were only a limited few US airlines to choose from and we’re flying with British Airways.

I used their Contact Us form a few days ago, but haven’t heard anything back yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are in NOLA in March on NCL. Dock at 8:00, flight leaves at 3:30, and we don't want to spend the day at the airport. We're spending 3 days in NOLA pre-cruise, so will have seen the French Quarter and ridden the St. Charles Ave. streetcar. We're hoping to do some kind of private tour or short tour that morning without dealing with our luggage. Has anyone used the advance check in link above more recently than last August? I wonder how secure your luggage is. Also, when you get to the airport and they ask if anyone has had access to your luggage other than you, we'd have to say "yes" and deal with having our luggage searched and maybe delayed.

Also, although unrelated to this thread, if anyone knows of a private tour for 2 people, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if this company can still be used for UK airlines?

I went to complete their form, but I couldn’t enter my address properly as it’s in the UK, then you have to select an airline and there were only a limited few US airlines to choose from and we’re flying with British Airways.

I used their Contact Us form a few days ago, but haven’t heard anything back yet...

I tried calling them today as I've still had no reply to the Contact Us form I submitted online - no answer, although maybe I'm a little early on UK time, but it just goes to a random guys voicemail...

Hmmm... going to a random person's voicemail doesn't sound legit. Even if you're calling during off hours, you should get a businesses voicemail. Added to your not getting a response to your use of their Contact Us form makes me wonder if they are even still in business.

Think I'll pass on using them and come up with another solution. Looking like renting a car on our own for a few hours might be the way to go.

Good idea to look into. I hadn't thought of that. We are going to NOLA the end of February for 3 days pre-cruise (NCL to Cozumel and Costa Maya). I'm going to call the hotel we're staying at and ask them if they'll hold our luggage for us the day we disembark.

Hi Stitchcreek,

We are staying at the Hilton Riverside for a few days pre-cruise in Feb. I just called the hotel and found that for $2 per bag, we can store our luggage there when we disembark. I would guess that many hotels near the port provide this service, so you might want to check with your pre-cruise hotel, as well.

Have a great trip!

Firstin87