Sandals Day Pass-confusion on how to purchase

beachlover98

What I thought would be a simple thing has gotten more and more confusing. I'm a veteran cruiser traveling solo for the first time, trying to buy a day pass to a resort in St. Lucia. Got turned down by Rendezvous as I'm not a "couple".

Proceeded to plan B and contacted Sandals via their 800 number to purchase a day pass to the Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort. I was expecting to be quoted $100 (as per numerous cruise critic posts), to be paid at the time I arrive (again, per cc posts). When I inquired about a day pass they transferred me to what I thought was someone at the St. Lucia resort. I thought it was odd they quoted me $130 which includes transfers to/from the pier. I also had to pay up front, although she said their cancellation policy states full refund if cancelled prior to my ship's embarkation date.

When I received the confirmation via email I was surprised to see this is an "excursion" booked through Island Routes Caribbean Adventures. It seems this is a company affiliated with Sandals Resorts somehow and seems to be legit and all but just wanted to know of anyone else's experience with booking a day pass with Sandals. Did they transfer you to this same call center or were you able to book the day pass for the $100 which sounds like their going rate?

Also, on the confirmation it says that the pick up at the pier is at Le Place Carenage however I believe the Adventure of the Seas docks at Point Seraphine. I'm sure I can clear that part up with a phone call. Can't believe I would have to find my own way over to the other pier. Perhaps I would only want that I would not have to pay until I arrive at the resort, with no cancellation penalty. Not that I have intentions of changing my plans, but in the case of illness or a total washout of a day in St. Lucia. Wouldn't be fun at an all-inclusive if it rained all day and I had nowhere indoors to go.

Any experience? reedprincess, maybe you can chime in? Thanks.

Island Routes is the Sandals tour operator around the Caribbean, who books day passes and transport, and all other tours booked through Sandals, regardless of island. They do have a website you can check out for more info.

Alternatively, you can call the resort direct and book that way. The transport will cost more that way of course, but at least it will be direct with the resort.

And yes, as of now, Adventure docks at Pointe Seraphine. There is a water taxi that runs between the two for easy going back and forth if needed. But they should pick you up at PS. You shouldn't have a "washout" day weather wise here, Dec is "dry" season; you may have some passing showers, but a full day of grey is unlikely. And it's still hot, even if it does rain! Check out Island Routes website, see what it has to say there, and double check on the cancellation policies.

Good luck!

Island Routes is the Sandals tour operator around the Caribbean, who books day passes and transport, and all other tours booked through Sandals, regardless of island. They do have a website you can check out for more info.

Alternatively, you can call the resort direct and book that way. The transport will cost more that way of course, but at least it will be direct with the resort.

And yes, as of now, Adventure docks at Pointe Seraphine. There is a water taxi that runs between the two for easy going back and forth if needed. But they should pick you up at PS. You shouldn't have a "washout" day weather wise here, Dec is "dry" season; you may have some passing showers, but a full day of grey is unlikely. And it's still hot, even if it does rain! Check out Island Routes website, see what it has to say there, and double check on the cancellation policies.

Good luck!

Thanks again, reedprincess. If all goes as planned, the way I currently have it set up will work just fine, with everything all paid up and transfers included. And you're right, the chances of an all-day rain aren't likely, but I know there is rain on lots of days. Most days I've spent in St. Lucia have been pretty nice, with some passing showers. I'm just not sure what one does at an all-inclusive if it rains a good part of the day and you don't have a guest room to go to?

At the very least I'll need to contact Island Routes and get the port pick-up location figured out. Surprised that they wouldn't have information on where each ship docks when in port as they definitely know what ship I'm sailing on.