Millennium May 21st Sailing

dbertell

My wife (who is in a wheelchair full time) and I just returned from the May 21st sailing of the Celebrity Millennium in Europe. I cannot say enough how much we were pleased with the trip and how accessible it is.

Since I am able to push my wife in her chair, the ship is totally acessible and easy to get around. Yes there are some bumps to get over entering and exiting some rooms but easy to negotiate. Whenever entering or exiting the dining areas, the crew insisted on pushing my wife and finding a table for her in the Ocean grill for lunch or breakfast. If she wanted to go through the buffet line, one would hold her tray and another push her. They were totally accomondating.

As for the ports, we had many in the 12 cruise but only 2 were tender ports. When you first see the stairs you have to go down to reach the tender, you think it would be a problem. But as we found out the metal stairs had sides on them that folded down making any easy wheelchair ramp down the stairs. With the aid of the crew members (who insisted I don't help and they do all the work), my wife was easily helped down the stairs and into the tenders with no problem. Coming back she had to be carried back up the stairs (about 5 of them in all) to level ground and back into the ship. They also did that with no hesitation.

In all I would highly recommend the Millennium for anybody in a wheelchair. They are high intune to your needs and wants and go out of their way to help.

If anybody has any questions just ask.

Thank you for this report. How are the pools and hot tubs? Do they have stairs or ladders? Do they have a pool life?

MS Maasdam 6 - 17 Feb 05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;02;5;07;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until I sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

It is great to hear of the wheelchair successes on the Millenium! The threshhold 'bumps' are a fact of life, and I agree - the crews typically assist if they see you coming.

I'll bet your only problem right now is figuring out where you'll cruise to next!

Glad it went well!

Archived