Do singles 21-25 cruise alone?

IntegraGrl22

Hi am wanting to go on my first cruise, but I don't want to go alone. I was wondering if anyone was in the ages of 21-25... I'll be 21 by the time I am looking to cruise, but just thought I would find out if it is typical for this age group to go on a singles cruise.

Or if anyone is wanting to go with me.

I went on my first cruise at age 25 and was traveling by myself. Have always found there to be others traveling alone. The benefit of cruising solo vs a land vacation is you always have "instant" friends on a cruise if you get involved in the various activities.

Give it a try!

• 3 weeks later...

I sailed the Carnival holiday in 2003 and had a wonderful time on my own. I was 26 (now 27) and decided to take a trip to heal my broken heart :(. I had a BLAST and met some great folks. I never felt safer. I'm a homebody, so the ship is an incredible way to meet folks, plus, everyone is there to have a good time, so nooone is in a bad mood. Ask your travel agent to seat you with other singles so you'll have people to hang with. My tablemates were always bumping into each other on board. You will have a fabulous time. I would do it over again in a heartbeat. I was hoping to meet alot of single guys, but that wasn't the case on my cruise. My tablemates were an ecclectic group of different ages, some who were well traveled. Go on one and you will be hooked. Consider taking a smaller ship so you will see the same folks.

A little note: My now husband got back from the Conquest the day after I left on the Holiday. We had gone out before we both went on our separate cruises. We went out again about a month after we got back. 2 months later and we were engaged. We went on our first cruise together in February and are about to set sail on the Glory in 2 weeks. And, do you know what? If I had the opportunity to sail solo again, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. It's something I hope to do again later in life (my husband will have to forgive me!)

good luck. feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

-AP

I was a little older than that on my second cruise and I went alone. I had a wonderful time. My situation was that most of my friends didn't have the money or the same time off as I did so I often travelled by myself.

You could try this route: I booked with a travel agent and got a price based on having a cabin mate. I guess they didn't find one, I had the room to myself.

I met lots of people and wouldn't hesitate to do it again (if I were single that is). Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

This last may was my 1st cruise and I took it all by myself. I was 21 and most of my friends were still in school and couldn't afford a vacation. It was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I met so many people, made awesome friends and had a blast. They sat me with people my own age and I ended up hanging out with a set of them every night. I did meet a guy on the ship and we still keep in contact.

The best thing about going by yourself is that you don't have to wait for anyone or make sure that what you want to do with fine with them. Everyone is on vacation and everyone was so nice. You can't be shy if you go by yourself. I have liked it so much that I just got back from Hawaii for 9 days. It was fun, but the cruise was better. On the ship you are constantly in contact with the same people and you make friends.

Please email me if you have any questions or want to hear more.

~Kristin

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My first cruise and solo cruise was 2 years ago, exactly when I was 21! It was fun!! It's actually a very good way to just meet people as in general, since they would love talking to you know that, they won't interrupt you and your party.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing. I'm considering taking a cruise to the Bahamas sometime during Summer 05 at which point I'll be 24. I'm not really the partying type, but I think I'd have a better time if there were some people my age around.

I'm sure I'd have a good time regardless, but cost is also an issue. Getting an education apparently isn't the path to instant riches :)

• 3 months later...

There's a group of 10 of so guys and gals going on a Carnival cruise in Jan of 06, still to be decided on. We're 25-35 some single and some married but love to have fun and party it up.

Let me know if you have a good idea for cruising.

Jeff

jkasper22

My friends and I will be cruising on the Sensation either 1/09 or 1/23/2006. We are a group of 6 girls and by that time we will all be 21. We can't wait. From what I've heard, Carnival has the best party ships. :p

Actually my last message was for you. There are 10 of us, some married and some single heading on Carnival in Jan and want to party a bit. Let me know what cruise you end up on and I'll see if that turns out to be one of our options.

Did Carnival in Jan 05 to the Bahamas and had a freaking blast. Thinking a 6 or 7 day this year.

• 11 months later...

contrary to what people say royal caribbean gets really rowdy too. I went on the mariner 2 times and trust me I met sooo many people. I was with my family and had them to eat dinner etc with and then the other times i was by myself. I dont know if I would drive down to florida and go all by myself but i wouldnt mind it if i really wanted to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm 25 and will be going to the Caribbean on the Carnival Victory on 2/4/07. My first cruise was great, my special someone made it greater, but anyway needless to say, I will be sailing alone this time :( .

I definately believe there is plenty to do and see with Carnival Cruise Lines. That's why I'm giving this a try. The ships always seem to be booked very full, so there are always plenty of interesting people to meet as well.

So, goodluck to you on your first voyage!

Bon Voyage,

Daniel

**Carnival Liberty 8/20/05**

Carnival has been great for me. Now I am not 21 ... but to me low thirties folks can still get out and have a great time too....:D :D

Out of the three lines I have been on Carnival was definitely the line with more stuff to do and more people out late. I have met alot of people and always enjoyed myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm booked for Imagination on Nov.20-25. This is my first cruise and first trip by myself, and I just turned 27. I was a little reluctant about travelling alone at first, but I figured this is the best way to travel solo. My friends were either unable to afford the trip or just couldn't book off time for that - it was kinda last minute. But I wanted to travel so bad, I worked up the courage and booked my trip last week. I've heard that it's easy to make friends on a cruise. You can ask the maitre'd to seat you with other people of your age/travelling alone. You can also speak with the cruise director to introduce you to other singles. Also, keep your eyes open for a newsletter that lists various ship events including singles get-togethers. From what I've heard, they leave a copy in your room each day.

• 1 month later...
Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
What is a good party ship for younger/crazy crowd. I wanna be on board with party people in their 20's

Carnival is the party ship!!! I don't mean this in the "animal house" kind of way but Carnival attracts the party group.

As a general rule, the shorter the cruise, the younger the crowd. If you want a serious party -- (spell that good time) ship, then may I suggest a 3-5 day cruise to the bahamas or out of New York to Canada.

I took a 3 nighter from FLL to the Bahamas in July, 2004 -- the dance club at night rocked like any night club in NYC!!!! The Lido Deck also had it all going on at night.

Also, there are more unattached men on the shorter cruises as men don't generally go in for a solo 7 night cruise but will do a 3-5 nighters with old frat brothers, clubs and organizations.

I'm 25 and taking my first solo cruise on 11/25...

My friends are either broke or can't get the days off work so I'm taking the plunge and going solo. I've got no problems making new friends, and it seems with all the activities onboard, it'll be even easier.

Hopefully, I'll run into a few 20-something solo cruisers on my boat...

Archived