Valuable storage on Fury Catamarans?

Jcol5786

Hello, We will be on Oasis next week and plan to do the Fury Catamaran excursion while in Cozumel. Haven't done an excursion like this before and am wondering about how to deal with our valuables while snorkeling from the boat? Is there a locker provided on the boat or do people just leave there CC, cash and PP on the deck? I know there are various water proof type pouches that allow you to take all this stuff in the water with you but I would prefer the option of a small locker similar to what is available on a beach type excursion. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

We did this excursion 2 yrs ago.... everyone just leaves their belongings on the boat, no problem. The crew and company know that if someone loses something of value, they would lose their contract with the cruise companies. No reason to worry about it. We had our stuff inside a backpack and a tote bag, along with our towels, just left on the benches under the covered area. Felt completely safe.

When we got off the boat for the beach part, we took everything with us. Took everything back on with us, never heard anyone complain about anything other than wishing it lasted longer.

Crew is fantastic and attentive to everyone's needs, too. Really great excursion.

There is also a photographer onboard who will take nice photos of your group, and everyone individually in the water...so take cash to purchase.

And the rum punch and sodas....non-stop, even on shore they have setup.

one of the reasons we did this was that there was shade on the boat...I can't sit in the sun at all.

2016_CarnivalLiberty_Fury20-L.jpg

you can see everyone's belongings sitting around on the benches...

and my video:

Hi ABQrobin,

Thanks so much for your reply. That makes things a lot easier. Also your video is really appreciated. Looks like a great excursion. Can hardly wait.

Thanks again.

have a great time and take photos to share back here on CC. Mostly though, have a great time!

• 1 month later...

Hi ABQrobin-Thanks for posting your video. It was great! Were there a lot of fish to see when snorkeling? Also, were there enough kayaks for everyone to use? I didn't see much shade on the beach. My husband doesn't sit in the sun...

Kathy

Thanks!

Plenty of shade on shore at the beach, as well as on the catamaran. I am the same way, don't sit in the sun EVER.

There were a few kayaks but we only saw them being used a few times, never more than 1 out at a time so i don't think you would have problems getting one. Kayaking in the ocean is a bit of work, so most people didn't do it long.

Fish...yes, there were fish, but that can vary day to day.

Have fun!