Weather on April Legend Transatlantic?

mrspie

We've just booked our first transatlantic on the Legend. This cruise departs Ft. Lauderdale 23Apr06 to Lisbon 05May06. Can anyone tell me what type of weather (more interested in temperatures) can be found on the April transatlantic cruises? All are other cruises have been the hot Med or Caribbean, which are no-brainers when it comes to packing. Need help please, as we prefer packing light and not for two seasons. Thanks in advance.

The seas aren't rough, but the weather tends to be a bit cooler than the fall trans-atlantics. Bring a light jacket or sweater, and you should be fine. Temps can range from high 60's to mid 70's during the day, and cool in the shade. (Remember, I live in Florida, so my "cool" may be your "just right"!) ;)

Host Dan

This year the Legend went from St Thomas to Lisbon, the first 5 days we were laying out each morning on deck, the next five days after that got cooler and cooler to the point we were on deck with blankets and hot chocolate.

I thought the start and the end of the cruise were quite rough, but that's my opinion, I guess crossings can be much worse.

Hi Matt,

I agree with you about the weather, but I found the seas to be quite smooth for the most part during our Eastern crossing. The Northern crossing from London to NY is far more rocky. In fact, our Captain did a remarkable job of avoiding the storms that were just to the north and south of us.

Perhaps it was the size of the ship that caused you to notice the rocking more (or perhaps it was the cosmos!!!). :):)

The weather should actually be a bit warmer, as the Eastern crossing is nearly a month later next year.

Regards to you and Marcella!

Denyse

Matt,

Did you move recently? I notice you now have Deerfield Beach in your profile.

I thought you were from somewhere in the midwest. Maybe I had to many mojitos.

mcboo:) :) :)

McBoo - yes I have recently relocated, I decided that year round sunshine is the way to go! :) Is it time for a Florida Seabourner Roundup?

Denyse - I didn't mean to give the impression that the cruise was rough I just felt the motion more than on the mega-liners. :D ( it might have been the cosmos) (or the BBCs that had no effect on me ;))

I think it will be warmer at the end of April than it was at the end of March, so likely you can use the pool, such as it is! You'll probably have it all to yourself! ;)

Denyse

Archived