Champagne

Archipelago

And good stuff at that...any time you want a glass or more just ask at any bar.I may be wrong, which won't be the first time, but you might even get a glass or two delivered to your suite. Seabourn delivers!

Leonid

During the boarding procedure some drinks are served. No champagne.

This is just to show you the difference between not being on a Seabourn ship and actually being on one.

Once boarded you will find a chilled bottle of champagen in your suite and typically your stewardess will come and greet you with a flute of champagne 3 minutes later.

At any rate during the whole cruise you can ask for champagne if you wish.

Personally I find the bottle in the suite a bit too much. We both do not drink a lot of alcohol, so we would never be able to finish it before the bubbles go away. Actually we have never opened it, but politely returned it.

Hendrik

John~~~let's not overlook the sweet housekeeper saunterin' in upon our arrival with a basket of wonderful, luxurious imported soaps! What a treat!

I've often said......"upon arrival on a Seabourn ship, you don't know if you're steppin IN to reality or steppin OUT!"

Cheers!

Martita

Hendrik~~~how very thoughtful of you to "return" your unopened bottle of Champagne! As I'm not much of a "bubbly" drinker either I usually request that my Champagne AND beer in the fridge, be sent down to the Crew Bar. The policy is: "beer and wine is accepted, not the liquor."

Last Dec. a group of us left $$$'s for the Crew to have a party and they voted to buy Corona in Mexico on their way down to South America! I guess that brand of cerveza is a favorite!

Cheers!

MB

That's interesting. I figured all liquor was unacceptable. I did give my stewardess a bottle of wine I brought from London and a wine glass I got on a tour; that seemed to be acceptable. You do need to write the ultimate guide to Seabourn sailing, Martita. I always leave the champagne, because there is no room in my suitcase. Who needs to know this, do you tell the purser?

Jane

Jane~~~your giving your housekeeper the bottle of wine that you brought would be O.K., I think......I know they can not accept the Champagne, etc. from our suites, as a gift.........but, sending the wine and beer to the Crew Bar is allowed. Yes, I tell the Pursers.......also Tori (Housekeeping Officer)

By the way......I just learned something I'll share with you.....the Crew loves magnetic hooks and other magnet "do-gigges" for their cabins. When I read this I thought, "of course, they would!" Especially the Crew members who have the top bunks. I bet they would enjoy one of the mesh "kid toys hammock things!"

Their rooms are so small......I'm going to shop for MAGNET hooks, etc. to take them. Duh.......I never thought of this idea.

Martita

I always pick up flowers for our stewardess at the markets in port. Last time, I picked up a nice little bouquet in Bergen and told her how much we love flowers and thought she might like some to cheer up her room. She asked about our home and I told her how even in the Texas heat and poor soil where we live, that I was able to recreate an English Cottage garden and loved having flowers to enjoy and pick for the house.

When we returned back to the room that evening we were met by a large vase full of Lilies! For the rest of the cruise we had a constant display of blooming flowers!

By the way Martita, we reciceved many hellos and praises to you.on that cruise.

Thank you!!! I love each and every Crew member dearly.....I consider myself,

"the spoilin' Auntie!" As I UPS my cruise cardboard box's to the Hotel where I am staying the night before I always pack "surprises" for the Crew......it's down right funny when a deckhand runs up to me and asks, "Oh, Miss Martha, what did you bring me???" And of course, I have indeed brought them a small gift! (doesn't matter what it is) They are ALL the stars on our ships!

'lest we forget....."La Dolce Vita"

Happy Sailing

Martita

Archived