Urgent question

sandracruiser

We are booked on the Legend , Monte Carlo to Monte Carlo, my travel agent did our flights for us back in March, but today I noticed that our seat assignments were not on our tickets, so I called Air France, our travel agent did make our seat assignmets, but the ticket agent told me there was no way we could make our return connection in Paris from Nice, there is a 45 minute window. Our times were in military times , so I never paid too much attention to it, just knew that we left JFK at 9:00p.m. ......Well long story short, I am now being told that we will have enoungh time, just go out front and take the bus to the next terminal, and if the plane is late , then Air France will put you on the next flight to JFK, which is the next day, and they will probably put us in a hotel(yeh right).....So I guess what I am asking is , whoever has been to the airport in Paris, what do you think.....by the way , we did not use Seabourns Air......

We can change to a earlier flight in Nice, but they want $400.00, my travel agent said she would pay half, but considering she booked us on this, she should pay the full 400.00.....Our cruise is Sept. 1st thru the 18th.

Sandra, in my opinion this all sounds very risky. I personally would hate to be "stuck" in a european airport having missed my flight. Since your TA has offered to pick up half of the $400 - I would do that. Just to clarify, who is now telling you that you'll have enough time to connect? Air France or your TA? :confused:

I agree 100%...please take the TA up on the offer. Paris is NOT easy...and...the language barrier..as well..as logistics are not kind. $200..is not a bad deal at this point. We have been in the position in the last two years..nearly every trip..having to scramble for changes at the last minute..usually the fault of the airlines changes. Pay up..then relax and enjoy the trip.

Both Air France and the TA, say we should have enough time, as of now my TA, seems to be correcting everything, but not without an argument, they both still seem to think 45 minutes is enough time, but I would rather wait the extra time than to miss the flight. I know that our Seabourn Cruise will be great, I just didn't want to end it with a night at the airport. Oh, forgot to mention that I need assitance,(wheel chair), so there is no way I could make a run for it....... My TA is paying the difference, not too happy about it, but I think it is the right thing.....

Sandra,

I assume your flight is into CDG, not Orly, if you are connecting to JFK. I agree with Matt and LaPaloma. If your flight from Nice is delayed for any reason, you will miss your connection (or you'll make it, but your luggage won't). We had this very problem due to fog, on the same routing except for our ultimate destination (Nice to CDG, then CDG to SFO), and we (barely) made the flight, but our luggage didn't. It was nervewracking, though, so better safe than sorry. It's amazing how quickly that sense of calm and pampering disappears when you are about to miss your connection home.

Sounds like your TA has done the right thing by paying the difference, which ensures your continued goodwill. Enjoy your cruise (and our favorite Captain!).

Denyse

Sandra I would change the flight. I think that 45 minutes is just cutting it way too close. My experience at CDG airport is that many times it can be rather chaotic and the thought of having to also change terminals can be quite challenging, particularly given that it is an airport that you are likely not familiar with . Also, not sure where your seats are but if you are further back in the plane that's another challenge in terms of getting off the plane.

If it was me, I would not think about it another moment. I would take my TA up on his offer and I would quickly change the flight times and also have the TA verify the seating on the new flight.

I hope you have a wondeful time on the cruise.

Keith

Archived