Acapulco on 30th Aniversary - Suggestions?

CarRan

We are coming on the NCL Star, scheduled to be docked from 8-5, 15-Dec.

It is our first time in Acapulco, so I am looking for recommendations on how to spend the day and make it more memorable than the typical shore excursion. ;)

Any suggestions?

Hi Mate.

A couple of years ago my wife and I arrived on the Norwegian Star at Acapulco for the day. Prior to leaving Australia on the cruise we booked a day tour with a ROSIE from Acapulco. If you type in Rosie's tours Acapulco, Mexico it will come up. Check out the website.

This was possibly the best tour of all the ports we attended. She took us in this nice air conditioned van and showed us all of what Acapulco has to offer. It was a truly interesting tour. Highly recommended. Hope this helps you guys.

Bob.:)

We are coming on the NCL Star, scheduled to be docked from 8-5, 15-Dec.

It is our first time in Acapulco, so I am looking for recommendations on how to spend the day and make it more memorable than the typical shore excursion. ;)

Any suggestions?

Hey, congratulations on 30 years. We're celebrating our 30th this year as well and will be in Acapulco about a week before you on the 6th! Couldn't help myself, I had to reply. Don't really have anything wonderful to suggest, unfortunately. Been there one other time. We are using Rudy with Tour by van dot com. He was wonderful with responses, etc. Everyone says the La Quebrada cliff divers are a must. We've seen them and they are amazing; like any pro, they make it look easy! Anyway, congrats and good luck finding something wonderful! I'll keep an eye here to see if someone suggests something great. Might be helpful if you post what you like to do.

Why not? You are the first person I have seen to post something negative about this tour.

First, she is overpriced (about $100 each)

Second, we wanted to see three places: the Cliff divers, the Cross &

the Cathedral.....we did NOT get to see the Cathedral

Third, she was extremely disorganized and on her cells phones with her other

tours all during our tour.

Fourth, she was not that knowledgeable when questions were asked.

Simply, a matter of goods and services; one can get a much better tour

for far less money.

First, she is overpriced (about $100 each)

Second, we wanted to see three places: the Cliff divers, the Cross &

the Cathedral.....we did NOT get to see the Cathedral

Third, she was extremely disorganized and on her cells phones with her other

tours all during our tour.

Fourth, she was not that knowledgeable when questions were asked.

Simply, a matter of goods and services; one can get a much better tour

for far less money.

Thanks for the feedback. We were quoted a price of $35 - $40 for the tour including all of those things and more. I will let you know how it goes.

Hey, congratulations on 30 years. We're celebrating our 30th this year as well and will be in Acapulco about a week before you on the 6th! Couldn't help myself, I had to reply. Don't really have anything wonderful to suggest, unfortunately. Been there one other time. We are using Rudy with Tour by van dot com. He was wonderful with responses, etc. Everyone says the La Quebrada cliff divers are a must. We've seen them and they are amazing; like any pro, they make it look easy! Anyway, congrats and good luck finding something wonderful! I'll keep an eye here to see if someone suggests something great. Might be helpful if you post what you like to do.

Congrats to y'all too!

We are definitely in a minority group now. :) Life is good.

We are usually game for anything, so I didn't want to suggest any preferences. I was hoping somebody would know enough about the area to share some creative ideas. We are doing a city tour in Cartagena, still shopping for a good adventure/nature type tour in Puntarenas, thinking about fishing in Huatulco. That leaves Acapulco and Cabo for some beach time and maybe a little snorkling.

I do hope to see the cliff divers though, so we will probably try to combine that with ... back to the original question!

I will check into the tour you mentioned. 06-Dec is the date we embark in Miami, so I guess I can't get your report before leaving.

Again, Congratulations to you both and have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...

No new ideas. Thanks for bumping the thread though. :)

I sent an email to Rudy. Got a very enthusiastic reply and we are leaning toward booking with him. There is another group on our cruise with openings on a second Rosie tour that is about $10 cheaper. We may just do that one instead.

Rudy or Rosie?

Rosie or Rudy?

Maybe I should start a new thread!

We took a private tour in January 2009 with Acapulco Tours by Rosie(Diaz). Before the tour we told Rosie there were some specific things we wished to see - The Cross;The Cathedral;The Princess Hotel; The Cliff Divers. We also wanted to eat at a local Mexican restaurant for lunch.

We had to wait for over a half-hour to start the tour while Rosie got her other two vans situated. We went for lunch at El Zorrito, where Rosie was then busy with her three (yes, three) cell phones. During lunch she disappeared and left us sitting at the table alone for over 40 minutes. When she returned she explained that she had to go and re-stock beverages for her other tour vans, and talk to the drivers and tour participants. We spent over an hour-and-a-half at El Zorrito because Rosie was busy taking care of everything/everybody, but us. Remember, we had a PRIVATE tour with her.

Because of the delay due to Rosie answering her phones and taking care of her other business we were very delayed in resuming the tour. Due to the now time constraints we missed seeing The Cathedral as well as The Acapulco Princess.

The last part of the tour was rather rushed; however, Rosie, in skipping the things we wished to see saw fit to take us to her Parents home. We really wondered about that.

For the money spent we got at best a semi-private tour. In her van during the entire tour Rosie answered calls and took care of business. We felt sometimes that we were intruding.

Our tour was done in a most unprofessional manner; we do not recommend Acapulco Tours by Rosie. In talking to other CC's we know we could have done better with another tour, for less money.

Just got back from my Spirit cruise and wanted to give my opinion on Rosies tour. She emailed me several days before the cruise again to confirm and let us know how to find her. We got off the ship in Acapulco, went thru the terminal and out the main gate. Rosie was there with our names on a sign. Very nice lady, very friendly and we had seen the list of most popular tourist places on her website and I told her I trusted her to take us to those sites. We were with her a total of about 6 hours and went to cliff divers, hotels with beautiful views and great history, a shop, the murals and the chapel. She would have modified the list if we had a specific request. The only shopping stop we did was at one store downtown...very nice with reasonable prices and no pressure...specializing in silver and great pina coladas (free). Lots of traffic and crazy drivers but I told her I drive in Boston so I totally understood.

Saw the cliff divers and it was a great show. My sister and her DH stayed up top and got the high view and my DH and I walked all the way down to the closer view...wow! Rosie even brought down some beer for us and it was so good cause it was hot! This woman can talk and she talks nonstop thruout the drive, telling all about her city, its history, and its people. She also encouraged questions. Our word of the day was "thorough" lol cause we told her she was very thorough and she wanted to make sure she understood this word and even had me write it down. At every stop she was very thorough, giving us a tour and telling us the history of the hotel or site. Took some great pics. At every stop you could tell she knew the locals and was well liked.

There was another van with a different tour guide but we did not drive together, although they also did listen to Rosie's talks at all of the tour sites. The other guide was a very nice man and the group in his van was having a great time...very nice people.

Rosie offered to stop for lunch, but we had eaten a large late breakfast so she just kept touring, with beer, soda and water in between. She brought us back to the ship in time for dinner. We felt like we had made a friend and I gave her a hug goodbye. The tour was for 6 people in her van and was $40 per person and we had a wonderful day.

I would definitely recommend Rosie for a tour of Acapulco.

Archived