Smooth transition from cancelled Fascination cruise

HawkIVette

Got the letter from Carnival about our Dec. 10th cruise getting cancelled. The next day, got a call from my PVP asking if we knew what we wanted to do. Hadn't even thought about it yet, but she suggested a couple of things.

She stated that we could just get all our money back and wait, but if we rebooked a cruise right away, we would get the additional 25% discount on that cruise.

Since there were 3 couples going together on this cruise, I would have to consult with the others, but since we were all looking forward to the cruise and had the time off anyway, I asked her to look and see what other cruises were the same time frame.

She quickly found a few, but 1 cruise really stuck out and fit the time frame almost exactly.

We chose the 8 day Conquest out of Fort Lauderdale. One extra day, Aruba, Curacao, 2 ports in DR. Almost as good as the original islands of the Fascination cruise. Was more expensive cruise, but when it all came out in the wash, only cost $30 more for the cruise and also gained a $50 OBC.

Still had to change air flights and hotel since we booked them NOT through Carnival, but called the airline (United) and got full credit towards new flight to FLL and hotel was able to be cancelled with no charges.

All in all, after talking with all our friends, we were able to move all of our plans to fit the new cruise in less than 1 day.

Thanks to Carnival, for working with the airlines to save us money, and a special thanks to my PVP for helping to make it so easy.

Great news and we take a two week land based vacation in July or August every year in Aruba, we love Aruba, if you have any questions about anything in Aruba feel free to ask.

The itinerary your taking now is the best itinerary in all the Caribbean that cruises offer, you will love her and the fact the Conquest is coming out of dry dock if she already hasn't.