High Tea and StarBucks

redswan

Okay, I my wife and I are looking forward to High Tea but We are not sure about a morning without a good Cappuccino, Espresso or for my wife she likes Mocha. If anyone has been on the QM2 are these type coffee drinks available via room service or at one of the restaurants?

Afternoon Tea was fine, if you don't mind only one choice of tea being offered. They pour it and walk away, you don't get a pot (or two pots) at the table. The sandwiches and cakes were nice.

Coffee is another story. While it might be okay when served in the dining rooms, the coffee at Kings Court was awful. I finally figured out that if you put the machine's "one cup" into two mugs and then top off the mug with the "Hot Milk" that is in a thermal carafe by the coffee machine, it becomes drinkable.

Hot Chocolate? Yeah, if you like a packet of powdered hot chocolate mix dumped into hot water. It's in the boxes by the coffee machines with the sugars and such.

I was on the May 10th trip. You can order Espresso or Cappuccino in Britannia (it's not on the menu but they will bring it if you order it). You can also try writing it in on the bottom of the room service menu (which we did for some special breakfast requests - which were honored). They also have it in the Pub but I believe you will be charged for it.

Archived