Anyone Currently on Caribbean Princess

mollygirl

I will be on the Caribbean Princess starting Sept. 28. Curious whether the Elites currently on board have unlimited free internet? I know it has been free for Elites in recent weeks but also know that it was a temporary thing. Thanks!

It's free this cruise but no guarantee it will be on the next one.

From my understanding the free internet was being provided only because the ***** wasn't completely in full operation and they were still working on it.

The last I read, all decks are now in full operation although all the ***** features are not fully functional.

I wouldn't expect the free internet to be given to everyone much longer.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be on the Caribbean Princess starting Sept. 28. Curious whether the Elites currently on board have unlimited free internet? I know it has been free for Elites in recent weeks but also know that it was a temporary thing. Thanks!

I'm still not certain but it appears that the unlimited internet will be free for Platinum & Elites on ships that have the MedallionNet installed.

Can you confirm if this is correct or not?

" Cruises on ships equipped with the technology (called "Medallion Class" cruises) don't cost extra. While the wearable disc is free, certain features such as MedallionNet will cost extra. Passengers pay $9.99 per device and $29.99 for up to four devices on the same folio, both for a 24-hour period. (Platinum and Elite loyalty members receive free Wi-Fi, limited to one device per passenger.) Accessories that display medallion discs as watches, necklaces or keychains also come with added fees."

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8889

• 4 weeks later...

I came off of the Caribbean Princess Oct 28th and am an Elite. I was limited to 250 minutes of free internet (10-day cruise). There were loads of problems in the first two days since there was zero information how to log off MedallionNet and many folks' time went to zero, even after they turned off wifi. The MedallionNet team was very helpful installing logoff icons to your mobile devices and resetting remaining time based on the honor system.