Can you still leave the ship after checkin with the current works at the OPT

Last year when we sailed on Radiance we could leave the ship after check in as long as we boarded again before the sailing time.

We are on Solstice this week and I am wondering whether we can do the same. Himself may have meetings in the afternoon so wondering if we can check in at our allocated 11.30am time then he can trot off to his meetings while I enjoy the ship!

Alternately can we check in separately or does everyone from the same cabin have to check in at once. We have cruised many times before but always checked in as a cabin full whether the 2 of us or the whole family.

Last year when we sailed on Radiance we could leave the ship after check in as long as we boarded again before the sailing time.

We are on Solstice this week and I am wondering whether we can do the same. Himself may have meetings in the afternoon so wondering if we can check in at our allocated 11.30am time then he can trot off to his meetings while I enjoy the ship!

Alternately can we check in separately or does everyone from the same cabin have to check in at once. We have cruised many times before but always checked in as a cabin full whether the 2 of us or the whole family.

As far as I know you can still get off the ship after checking in ( I will try and confirm this for you tomorrow) but if not ..yes you can check in at different times as long as the first person checking in registers the credit card for on board charges.

Which cruise are you on? The three nighter on the 23rd or the one on the 26th where you will be checking in at White Bay?

Edited by gbenjo

Here is the message I found on the Royal Caribbean website. There seems to be a few more sailing dates mentioned here:

UPGRADE WORKS OVERSEAS PASSENGER TERMINAL, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

October – November 2014

Sydney Ports are currently upgrading the cruise terminal facilities at the Overseas Passenger Terminal in Sydney, Australia. Due to renovation works some departures in October and November 2014 will experience changes to the embarkation and disembarkation process.

The following cruises are affected:

- Rhapsody of the Seas departing 21 October 2014, details (pdf)

- Rhapsody of the Seas departing 28 October 2014, details (pdf)

- Celebrity Solstice departing 23 October 2014, details (pdf)

- Celebrity Solstice departing 26 October 2014, details (pdf)

- Celebrity Century departing 30 October 2014, details (pdf)

- Celebrity Solstice departing 3 November 2014, details (pdf)

- Celebrity Century departing 11 November 2014, details (pdf)

Please ensure you review the correct departure date instructions as the procedure may differ.

While we will endeavour to make the embarkation and disembarkation process as smooth as possible, we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time as the safety of our guests and crew is paramount.

As far as I know you can still get off the ship after checking in ( I will try and confirm this for you tomorrow) but if not ..yes you can check in at different times as long as the first person checking in registers the credit card for on board charges.

Which cruise are you on? The three nighter on the 23rd or the one on the 26th where you will be checking in at White Bay?

Thanks for that!

We are on the 23rd. Our check in time is 11.30. If we can check in separately it's not really a problem, I can go first and he can follow when he is free, it's my credit card on our account so that will work. Himself would like to check in early with me but if he has meetings in town he will either have to wait and check in later or hope he can get off and back on later.

Thanks for that!

We are on the 23rd. Our check in time is 11.30. If we can check in separately it's not really a problem, I can go first and he can follow when he is free, it's my credit card on our account so that will work. Himself would like to check in early with me but if he has meetings in town he will either have to wait and check in later or hope he can get off and back on later.

Graham will confirm, but I am sure you will be able to check-in early and get off again, if not your hubby can just board later. Enjoy your cruise.:D

Edited by MicCanberra