Insurance question please re Europe cruise rescheduling...

Hi there,

My mom is booked on a cruise from Barcelona for June 1st. My dad just had emergency abdominal surgery so she is pretty sure she cannot go. She did purchase the inclusive insurance.

If the wants to reschedule for a cruise in late September doing the same itiniary, would they ever match her price? Or does she pay the difference?

Also, would she need to get another insurance plan for the Sept cruise in case anything happens, or does the same insurance cover her again?

Thank you! Katherine

Yes she will need a new policy for the September trip (unless she has an annual policy). The first policy was for the specific dates you told them.

Cannot help with the other question. Sorry. But if you call RCCL and explain the medical emergency, they may just sap you across to the new cruise.

R

Normally, she would have to pay the going price for the rescheduled cruise. The insurance only covers a refund for the current cruise. However, you can try calling Royal and see if they will make an exception.

Thank you. I will give them a call on Friday and get details. My mom called about it today but she said she really did not understand what the lady was explaining to her.